General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No poser problem here, boys

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:14 PM
mtinner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it might be due for it's 500,000 mile service.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Anymore, it seems like whoever rides the most expensive.. which is mostly your rich ******** who drive to bike week, buy one, and then store it until next year. I don't really classify people as real bikers or posers. If you're brave enough to risk your life and get out and ride in the hell we call traffic, you're a rider, regardless.

Sheesh, I'm not here to judge people, but don't you see the irony in these contradictory statements?

A bike does not a rider make, regardless. I imagine if I walked up to the owner of that bike and offered him $35k cash on the spot for it, it would quickly become mine. Would owning it then make me a "real biker"? And if the guy who had owned it for 30 years and ridden it 300,000 miles (assuming that) then went out and bought a brand new, shiny "rich *******" bike, would that make him no longer a "real biker"?

Those of you who judge people by the bike they ride, yet call others "posers", seriously, will you get a clue?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell yeah I'd ride it....... Right after I restore it and throw away all the junk attatched.

Real biker, not real biker. If you ride, then your a biker. That's the way it is. Though some riders are more into the bike scene than others.

Last edited by GMbagger; 03-17-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Red9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GMbagger
Hell yeah I'd ride it....... Right after I restore it and throw away all the junk attatched.

Real biker, not real biker. If you ride, then your a biker. That's the way it is. Though some riders are more into the bike scene than others.
Well said.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
dwightheadd
Banned

what a waste,id hatre to see how he lives,probably in piles of trash strewn everywhere like a typical hoarder.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:01 PM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think if that bike could talk it wouldnt tell stories, it would say "get this **** off me so i can breath"
cool to look at but not my scene!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Haha...no doubt! I don't think that's what ol' mr. Davidson had in mind...
I just feel OLD when you guys call that a rat. Back in our day, it was a garbage scow, truck, wagon, whathaveyou, and there were only rumors of them (we didn't have internet).
We DID have "rat" bikes ride with us though...they were just the guys who didn't wash or degrease them, tended to ride with baling wire and duct tape; things like that - but they didn't attach the city dump to them.
To me, they were just another class of biker - sort of hardcore in their own element, usually full of life and laughs. Some were my BEST friends, and I have great memories because of them.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

I don't get the attraction either but "To each his own". On the other end of the spectrum I never understood the guys who drove to a big Walmart parking lot to detail their cars (with towels, armor-all and stuff sprawled all over). I just assumed either way they are people who need a lot of attention payed to them.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Clutch13
Cruiser

Hang on...hang on...takin notes. To be real biker, must hang tons of **** off of bike.

Got it, thanks...

Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
SoALposer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Clutch13
Hang on...hang on...takin notes. To be real biker, must hang tons of **** off of bike.

Got it, thanks...
Clutch13, I see that you are new, so, just in case you missed them, here are a few of the "real biker" requirements:

You may NOT wear fingerless gloves

You may NOT wear azzless (still haven't found azzed) chaps

You may NOT wave at other bike--er riders

You may NOT acknowledge any other motorcycles as existing

You may NOT acknowledge sportsters as real motorcycles

You may NOT wear ANY Moco gear

You may NOT buy parts/goods from Moco

You MUST do ALL of your own maintenance on your bike

You MUST have flames and skulls all over your bike

You MUST idolize 1%ers

If I missed a few, my apologies, and I am sure someone will fill them in for me.

Quick Reply: No poser problem here, boys