General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats in your tool bag?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
dedjr67
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I carry this it was a gift from my snapon guy (after spending 13 grand on a toolbox it was the least he could do)
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....group_ID=17898

Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Here you go. Although I have a new butane mini soldering kit that will be replacing the plug-in soldering iron. All this fits in a little 4"X8"X6" green army bag.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Terminal lugs! I KNEW I'd forgotten something! I see you also added a 10mm wrench for the only metric on the bike- the battery! You can drill out the handles on the ratchet and crescent to cut a little weight if it matters.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Terminal lugs! I KNEW I'd forgotten something! I see you also added a 10mm wrench for the only metric on the bike- the battery! You can drill out the handles on the ratchet and crescent to cut a little weight if it matters.
The 10mm has heatshrink wrap on it (I got that tip somewhere). Good idea on drilling out the ratchet and crescent! I've been looking for something to do out in the shop too. That little testlight has gotten a lot of use. Mostly from people I've stopped to help out in my travels.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
karlkcfi
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tool roll with my most common sizes which need tightening, Plastic cleaner and cloth and (drum roll please) Heating packets for those days when the weather changes abruptly and I need to keep my feet and torso warm till I get home.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:44 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by karlkcfi
Tool roll with my most common sizes which need tightening, Plastic cleaner and cloth and (drum roll please) Heating packets for those days when the weather changes abruptly and I need to keep my feet and torso warm till I get home.
Karl, It's easier to carry with a RoadKing but since buying heated gear I could never imagine being stuck somewhere cold without it.

Seeing how you use a tool roll, Harley makes a heated kidney belt that would probably wrap outside of (or within) the tool roll. I used one before getting the full jacket and pants heated liners. When I had the Kidney belt I used the very simple "On-Off" switch rather than the thermostat which takes up more room. I would just flick it off when it felt like my back was on fire, turn it on when I couldn't feel heat any longer.

You would be amazed at how much better you feel (and warmer) just having your internal organs warm. Kidneys warmed up helps a lot. I rode with 3 other friends one year to upstate NY, it turned cold and rainy. I had the heated belt, they didn't. We stopped almost at our destination with them shaking from hypothermia, I was wet but warm.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dedjr67
I carry this it was a gift from my snapon guy (after spending 13 grand on a toolbox it was the least he could do)
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....group_ID=17898
If you paid that much for those tools. There something wrong with you. Go to sear socket set for $5 to $10 tork and allen set another $5 to $10. A cheap wrench set. It not going to cost hundreds of dollars. Snapon burn you.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM
cadman311
Club Member

Home Depot had Couple those $5.00 tool sets. And had a nice small socket and driver kit. they are great for the bikes.

Attached Thumbnails whats in your tool bag?-2pspngh.jpg   whats in your tool bag?-img_2388.jpg  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cadman311
Home Depot had Couple those $5.00 tool sets. And had a nice small socket and driver kit. they are great for the bikes.
You get what you pay for. Buy good tools once or buy cheap tools often..your choice.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rodnock
You get what you pay for. Buy good tools once or buy cheap tools often..your choice.
but if they save your ***, then they were well worth the 5 bucks eh

Quick Reply: whats in your tool bag?