General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Perks [ Wad Ya Get}

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005 | 06:12 PM
Nevar
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Dealer Perks [ Wad Ya Get}

I'm curious as to what you guys [ and gals] got as a bonus for buying a new HD at your dealer.
I got my 04 sporty custom From HD of suffolk Oakdale NY. The price was about average, but the dealer is very close to my home
Total out the door was $11,945. That included SEIIs [ off road only] pipes and a Re-Jet. I still do get a 8% discount on parts plus tax
Now I heard of people who got, all kinds of stuff. I never even got a Tee shirt or a phone call to see if I like the Damn thing.
Add insult to injury just before I got Mine I sent a friend who bought a stock 883, and soon after I got mine I sent a buddy who walked in and dropped 20K on a wide Glide.
The sales force and owner know "I" sent them in. I never even got a f*cking phone call to say thank you, Oh even when I brought it up about 2 months later.
My dealers parts guys are 100% top notch, the selection sucks, the service guys are way under paid, they twice went out of there way to make me happy.

Old 06-01-2005 | 06:20 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Default RE: Dealer Perks [ Wad Ya Get}

$1550 under list, $300 in free accessories, 20% off everything above that, storage till I decided to pick it up or have it delivered... but could not get them to give me a free t-shirt... [&:]

Old 06-01-2005 | 06:48 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

I got the first 1,000 mile service check up free. That's it.

Old 06-01-2005 | 07:22 PM
HDF Tech
Banned

I bought the SE Deuce, left the dealer with $27,500 less in my pocket , then on top of that some extra chrome, warrantee and a few other things and they gave me 3 (Three) T SHIRTS. Now isn't that a deal???
$1500 over msrp but the end of the year and I wanted that bike!
Hahahahahaha

Big spenders those dealers.

Old 06-01-2005 | 07:44 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member

Got my bike MSRP, 1 tee-shirt, cleaning kit, tire pressure guage, battery tender harness attached to battery, 8X10 photo of me on the bike, "Custom built for..." plaque mailed to me, 2 follow up phone calls, total red carpet treatment. The dealer was 50+ miles away, and they delivered it to where I was having it stored for the winter and picked up my trade for free. Needless to say, I was very happy at there attitudes, there are 3 dealers closer, but they act like they are doing you a favor just talking to you.

Old 06-01-2005 | 08:26 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Marine Corp

Super 1 on 1 service buy the sales staff. If one was busy, the other took over with seamless continuity. The parts departments looked up and priced numerous accessories. Gave me over an hour of their time. Gave me a wish book to drool over.

On delivery I got two T-Shirts, my choice of anything in the rack. I got two plastic fob key rings with the remote for the security system. I got 3 - yes 3 -phone calls from the dealer. One from each of the salesmen I had dealt with and a follow up call from the sales manager to see if I was happy with my bike. This dealer is 150 miles from where I live and the chances of me ever coming back are slim to none, yet they CARE.

I am favorably impressed with Simi Valley Harley Davidson.

Old 06-01-2005 | 08:51 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

People actually buy new HDs?

(So that's where they come from!)

Old 06-01-2005 | 08:53 PM
greenbayhog
Cruiser

I bought my bike used from a dealer. Gave me a $60 gift certificate 20% off all parts and clothing at the time and 15% off for one full year. Not bad for a used bike.
GBH
By the way any of your dealers list thier bikes with a 2000 dollar accessory package?? Went into a different local shop and all sticker prices were 22,000 21,900 ect ect for softails. Why would they figure in this extra 2000-3000 in acc. Turned me off.

Old 06-01-2005 | 10:32 PM
bassrock
Tourer

Bike came with a security system and no set up. 20% off parts and two t-shirts.

Old 06-01-2005 | 11:19 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

I got MSRP a better than average deal on upgrades done prior to talking delivery and I got a hug. No tee shirt but the really cool thing was that since we bought when my wife was pregnant the owner gave us two bags faily stuffed with various baby clothes - Pretty cool huh????

P.S. - The hug would have been a lot better from a woman

Quick Reply: Dealer Perks [ Wad Ya Get}