General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Perks [ Wad Ya Get}

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009 | 03:56 PM
fr8mover
Cruiser

The wife and i both got 2 shirts 2 $350 gift cards 10% off parts and service for a year, 1st service free on her new bike and a free oil change on the 05 that I got. great service all the way around Central HD in Kansas City rocks!

Old 04-10-2009 | 05:43 PM
takiniteasy09Ultra
Tourer

I got a decent deal on a new 09 Ultra Classic from the Ray Price HD in Raleigh. A harley owner's ring, two t shirts, 10% off of accessories (charged me to put them on) purchased that day, a cool 3D framed picture of my bike with their backdrop. All in all I would say it turned out pretty good.

Old 04-11-2009 | 01:07 AM
gplarryv
Tourer

Paid MSRP
Free V&H Big Shots, SE Air filter, and the Generic tune
Free Security ( forgot to add to invoice realized it and told me there loss )
20% acc. purchased the same day
10% off anything in dealer in stock or spec order for 1 year

Received call that bike was in at 8am and was told it would be ready for pick up same day at 4pm

Old 04-11-2009 | 05:16 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Paid MSRP
A goodie bag with tshirt, leather key ring with pewter HD and dealer name, a card with discounts on different things like 10% motor clothes 1 time purchase (the girls at the counter keep forgetting to punch that and I've used it twice so far) another free tshirt on my birthday, free upgrade to synth oil at any regular oil change and a couple other things I can't remember right now.

When you buy a bike they take you on a poker run through the store. Got three of a kind which got me a $75.00 gift card.

10% off accessories and motor clothes at time of purchase.

And a $300.00 gas card.

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:07 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

For my 2006 1200C that I bought in June of 2006 I got something off MSRP (it got a little weird since I was getting a OOTD price match with another dealer so I lost track of how much off base that was). They also matched a $500 gift card the dealer was offering at the time. Oh, and 2 t-shirts.

For my 2007 Springer Classic that I bought in August, 2007 I got $1000 below MSRP plus HD had their 2.99% interest I got on the loan. This dealer also had 2 t-shirts plus I got a plaque in the mail. I'm definitely a believer in the end of the model year sales since they've worked out alright for me. Oh, and this isn't part of the deal, but this dealer had an early bird sale for 20% off all parts 2 weeks after I bought the motorcycle, so I bought a bunch of things then.

Old 04-12-2009 | 12:05 AM
E.Richardson
Tourer

Mine is a different story. My best friend owns a 100 year Anniversary Deuce. He lets me ride it with my wife on the back... needless to say, we walk into our HD dealership the next day. I sit on the Crossbones, the Road King, the Rocker, a Heritage Softail, and then there it was... my Deluxe. I sit down, pull a few levers, and Mike comes walking over - "Looks good on you" - we share a laugh, I negotiate a price, he hands me 4 t-shirts, orders my V&H's, and gives me 30% off for the next 30 days.

EXCELLENT customer service and still to this day when I walk in, I get called by my first name, ask how I am doing and then we talk about what I need. Mike and everyone at Harley Davidson World were top notch and the best that I've ever met.

I was in the other day and was short on cash to get both of the items I wanted. Larry looks at me and says, "Just bring me the money later." - THAT is a dealership that knows and appreciates my business.

Old 04-12-2009 | 01:58 AM
fr8mover
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fr8mover
The wife and i both got 2 shirts 2 $350 gift cards 10% off parts and service for a year, 1st service free on her new bike and a free oil change on the 05 that I got. great service all the way around Central HD in Kansas City rocks!

oh i forgot about the HOG memberships and the tins of cookies i got about a week or so later from them

Old 04-12-2009 | 09:52 PM
tinman67
Tourer
Default Perks

My wife and I got tee shirts, a pair of Cardinals baseball tics and on my birthday and my bike's anniversary I get cards with 10 percent off parts and service coupons, plus if I have my maintenance done there they will give me free tires for life. Doc's in Kirkwood MO.

Old 04-13-2009 | 03:23 PM
comaman2
Banned

i dont really care what the heck the dealer did for you,or what you got for free!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2009 | 04:58 PM
Grammaton
Road Master

Originally Posted by comaman2
i dont really care what the heck the dealer did for you,or what you got for free!!!!!!!!!!
Oops, sorry. I thought you did. Never mind then. Forget what I wrote back there on page two(?).

Quick Reply: Dealer Perks [ Wad Ya Get}