General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another One! Woman in accident near Duncan dies of injuries

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As to the previous post, who do they annoy? How do you know?
I was on a trip in the cage for my job. I had the pleasure of being near a Honda Trike that had one. I intentionally stayed within his range for near 100 miles. I was bored and had heard much about those pulsating lamps. I checked it out thoroughly and came up with the decision that "they are not for me".

Yes, caught my eye real good.

Too good. A distraction from the rest of the road.

I won't do **** like that to other drivers.

"I wanna be safer so screw you". Not my style.

I DO AGREE THAT THEY GET YOU SPOTTED.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
No. Not into annoying the oncoming traffic, day or night.

Passing lamps? Yes.
I must annoy everyone. I ride with my high beam on day AND night. The only time I turn it off is if I come up behind a car at a red light at night. Then I flick it to low beam until the light turns green. I'm not riding anyone's *** so one high beam light shouldn't bother them badly. If it does, oh well. I'd rather risk pissing off someone in the hopes that they will see my lone little headlight.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Maimas

While I am sorry for the womans family for this tragedy, I still don't feel its neccesary to be reminded that I could get killed riding my bike, but guess what, you can get killed driving in your car, I dont see threads about that on here.
No offense, Felix, but this is a motorcycle forum, not a car forum.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by SuburbanMom
I must annoy everyone. I ride with my high beam on day AND night. The only time I turn it off is if I come up behind a car at a red light at night. Then I flick it to low beam until the light turns green. I'm not riding anyone's *** so one high beam light shouldn't bother them badly. If it does, oh well. I'd rather risk pissing off someone in the hopes that they will see my lone little headlight.
Where do you ride that never has oncoming traffic?

If it does, oh well. I'd rather risk pissing off someone in the hopes that they will see my lone little headlight.
There in lies the difference between us. I ain't out all for myself.
If I see somebody do stuff that annoys me, I try to avoid doing that same thing to others.

Safety my ***. Passing lamps will get you seen far sooner than a lone high beam.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior

Where do you ride that never has oncoming traffic?
I never said there wasn't any oncoming traffic. Where did you read that?

There in lies the difference between us. I ain't out all for myself.
If I see somebody do stuff that annoys me, I try to avoid doing that same thing to others.

Safety my ***. Passing lamps will get you seen far sooner than a lone high beam.
Oh boo hoo. I'm sure all the drivers are highly annoyed at my lone high beam at night when we pass in all of 5 seconds. I'd rather be seen than dead. I've never had a single person flash their high beams at me to turn off mine. I guess I'm not annoying drivers around here.

You do what you want, Ed. I do what I want. If my regard for my safety pisses off someone because of a bright light, c'est la vie. I would rather be seen than not and end up a splatter on the road like that poor woman mentioned in the article.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior

Oh and by the way, I've said my bit on this issue and that's all I'll say. I'm not going to go back and forth when neither opinion will change. That would just be beating a dead horse.

No hard feelings, Ed. Just one word of advice... avoid me if you're riding through Franklin so I don't **** you off with my high beam.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Maimas
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense, Felix, but this is a motorcycle forum, not a car forum.

None taken Tara, I was merely trying to point out that there are many things that go on in our daily lives that can be harmful to us, but yet we dont talk about it.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Oh and by the way, I've said my bit on this issue and that's all I'll say. I'm not going to go back and forth when neither opinion will change. That would just be beating a dead horse.

No hard feelings, Ed. Just one word of advice... avoid me if you're riding through Franklin so I don't **** you off with my high beam.

Avoid you????? Hell, I'll be looking for all the highbeams until I hunt you down! LOL

Then I'd buy you dinner, flutter my eyebrows at you, you'd melt in my arms,..... and ask yourself why you would ever even want to run high beams.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior

Avoid you????? Hell, I'll be looking for all the highbeams until I hunt you down! LOL

Then I'd buy you dinner, flutter my eyebrows at you, you'd melt in my arms,..... and ask yourself why you would ever even want to run high beams.
You're too funny.

By the way, , I'd still run my high beam because I don't want to get plowed down by the cagers!!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think high beams are annoying during the day, and I run mine on the bike. Not at night though. A sunny day will dwarf the light coming from a 55w, or whatever it is, high beam. Those who feel otherwise must have awfully sensitive eyes or are annoyed by many things. FWIW, in my opinion, the headlight modulators are far more annoying then high beams.

Last edited by WWECOUGAR; 03-13-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Another One! Woman in accident near Duncan dies of injuries