General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another One! Woman in accident near Duncan dies of injuries

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraDave
You saw the title, don't open it if you don't like it! DUH!!

DUH!!!! Another ignorant person... I see you read everything I wrote..

Old 03-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For all of you guys that are not afraid to be a little "un-cool" but woudl like a better shot at living longer....... The headlight modulator works.

My wife and I both have one on our bikes..... In my first 10K of riding.. lots of turners in front of me... Over the next 60K with a modulator..... ZERO turners. Wife's experience is the same over her last two bikes.

It is not the fact that you have a light on that matters it is the motion (blinking) of the light..... It gets their attention and snaps them out of their cell phone or HUA induced fog.

Most will ignore this entreaty.... but it really works. If you are serious about safety try it. It does not impact the enjoyability of your ride but it does impact the safety.

But.... to each his own.

R. Todd

Old 03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The headlight modulator works.

Yes it works well.

But also annoys the crap out of many who see it.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:46 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I ignored this thread for a few days, could see the title and did not want to mentally go there.

Today I opened as I thought it would be a good reminder of keeping the senses heightened and maybe I could learn something to keep me from being the next such thread. So I have to go into the "if you don't want to read, move on" group. OP did a good job of stating the content up front and this is an open forum.

As to headlight modulators (sidebar), are they not illegal in many states?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Kumite
Tourer

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
As to headlight modulators (sidebar), are they not illegal in many states?
Absolutely not

They, by federal law, are now legal in all 50 states.

As to the previous post, who do they annoy? How do you know? and finally, why would you care if it is both legal and actually and dramatically improves your safety?

As a side bar,,, I woud postulate that many who say they annoy folks are themselves running aftermarket pipes which also annoy folks and have the added advantage of being illegal.

But to each his own.

R. Todd

Old 03-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maimas
If you feel I am wrong, then please let me know, because I will stop evertime I see a bike in a thousand piece after a wreck, take a pic and post it here.

There's no need to overreact or become hostile, is there?

You made a good point. In my opinion, it's worth considering the pros and cons of posts like this. It's a healthy topic for discussion...and this is a discussion group, after all.

I agree, I like to visit this forum and see what's being posted. And seeing death notices sure does put a damper on the "fun" of it all. But on balance, I tend to agree with those who would have them continue. Every time I see one it is a stark reminder that I need to be careful. And yes, it does help to give us a sense of cohesiveness in terms of how we manage our relationship to the non-riding public. Plus, it's just the right thing to do, to acknowledge when one of "us" goes down.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..f**k a headlight modulator...and i don't feel it necessary to start these kinda threads either..we all know it happens................every day...........ride safe..

Old 03-13-2010, 09:15 AM
S1 4 Life
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More people die slip getting out of the shower than die on motorcycle's everyday! I'm going to quit taking showers

Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Kumite
Tourer

Originally Posted by klap
..f**k a headlight modulator...and i don't feel it necessary to start these kinda threads either..we all know it happens................every day...........ride safe..
Isnt there a contradiction in your logic between your sexual reference on a modulator and your last admonition? Incredible logic... congratulations

But to each his own (and even though I like my modulator, I am not going to f**k it as you suggested.

R. Todd

Old 03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Maimas
Why do people feel it neccesary to post this type of stuff... I like living my live everyday, I dont need someone constantly reminding me that I will die someday.

Yes, we ride motorcycles... Yes they can be dangerous... I knew that when I bought one, but I don't need DAILY reminders of that...

I'm sorry this woman died, but all thread does for me, is taint something that I love to do very much.

I'm Sorry, but I rather think of the good things in life.
Then why did you click on the thread? Just so you could post a response saying you didn't want to read it?

Perhaps some of the purpose in posting such threads is the hope of enticing more people to become active in making positive changes.

Quick Reply: Another One! Woman in accident near Duncan dies of injuries