General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another One! Woman in accident near Duncan dies of injuries

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you know a car made a left in front of her? Just asking. Doesn't say in the article. Respects to her family.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:34 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

I think threads like these are useful if they can save even one life. I read them to learn as much as I can about the dangers out there and maybe find a way to avoid them.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's human nature to post these. Regardless, I'm always sorry to see someone killed or injured especially a 50 year old grandmother who enjoyed riding.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
dstegjas
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

No one can say they are on top of their game of paying attention while they ride all the time. If you say that you are, you are fooling yourself. That is why I don't mind seeing these posts. It's just another reminder that I can't let my guard down when riding. If posts like this help remind me of that, so be it.

Jim

Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 PM
SaltyHawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think these posts are valuable because they serve as a reminder how dangerous it can be for a motorcycle rider and to be very aware of what's happening in front of you while riding. It is sad, and every time I read it I wonder if it's fair to my family to take the risks. I think these sort of reminders help keep me in check. Condolences to the family.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Maimas
Why do people feel it neccesary to post this type of stuff... I like living my live everyday, I dont need someone constantly reminding me that I will die someday.

Yes, we ride motorcycles... Yes they can be dangerous... I knew that when I bought one, but I don't need DAILY reminders of that...

I'm sorry this woman died, but all thread does for me, is taint something that I love to do very much.

I'm Sorry, but I rather think of the good things in life.
+

Reminds be of a coworker I had for years. Every single time he heard of a motorcycle death, he felt the need to tell me. Why? Just because he knew that I was a rider. He thought it would interest me, but I found it annoying.

No intent here to slam the original poster, for I see these posts all the time. But like you, I don't want to be reminded that it could happen to me. I already know that. Hearing about a death ain't gonna change my riding habits. I already do what I can to avoid death. A left turn in front of me won't be avoided any more whether I hear of one or not. That's one of the few situations that there is no defense for.

Last edited by Faast Ed; 03-12-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
How do you know a car made a left in front of her? Just asking. Doesn't say in the article. Respects to her family.
You raise a very good point. Can't tell what the hell happened. Someone could have turned left on front of her. She could have ran into the back of another car. We just don't know. What we do know is another life was lost and a family is grieving. My heart goes out to them. I know some folks don't care to be reminded of the bad chit but the number of 50 something riders killed every year is staggering. Showing respect for a fallen rider is one of those things we do. Where we come up short is spending much time talking about how to ride smart. I'll give it a shot. Do you ride with your high beam on during the day?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you ride with your high beam on during the day?
No. Not into annoying the oncoming traffic, day or night.

Passing lamps? Yes.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maimas
Why do people feel it neccesary to post this type of stuff... I like living my live everyday, I dont need someone constantly reminding me that I will die someday.

Yes, we ride motorcycles... Yes they can be dangerous... I knew that when I bought one, but I don't need DAILY reminders of that...

I'm sorry this woman died, but all thread does for me, is taint something that I love to do very much.

I'm Sorry, but I rather think of the good things in life.
I agree. It is pretty depressing. There should be a forum reserved for accidient reporting.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:38 PM
dumernarock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of folks complaining about other folks posting things they dont want to read.
Starting to think there should be a forum for folks to complain about what other folks post about

Quick Reply: Another One! Woman in accident near Duncan dies of injuries