General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting up memorial run/Relay for life fundraiser run in my dads memory CLUELESS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010 | 01:37 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by hullhorr
I look forward to it. I will at the very least be at the Delmarva Rally in Sept.
You stay down in OC? I'm thinking of calling in a favor at one of the local hotels I do IT work for and getting a room down there this year.

Old 03-12-2010 | 01:46 PM
remike
Road Master

You're not very fond of your local dealers. I don't know who you are referring to but Mike's in Smyrna is a decent oufit but I don't have any idea how much help they would provide.

I think a poker run would be a good idea but as someone mentioned you would need a final destination site to have food etc.

The Delaware chapter of the Blue Knights stage a toys for tots run each year, maybe get in touch with an officer of their org. and maybe he could give you some advice.

BTW I would be happy to ride in the event if you get it set up.

Old 03-12-2010 | 02:07 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Seaford HD is the one I was refering too. Mikes is owned by Annapolis HD now so not sure if they would get involved. I had a bad experience with Seaford HD but hey someone else may have perfect luck with them no dis just I'm a screw me once kinda guy.

Cool man I'll keep all interested that are local to me updated as i try to put this together.

Old 03-12-2010 | 02:53 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lastson
Seaford HD is the one I was refering too. Mikes is owned by Annapolis HD now so not sure if they would get involved. I had a bad experience with Seaford HD but hey someone else may have perfect luck with them no dis just I'm a screw me once kinda guy.

Cool man I'll keep all interested that are local to me updated as i try to put this together.

I'm not local, but my wife and I always look for other places to go. Keep me up to date, maybe her and I will plan a mini vaction.

O......and we usally bring friends

Old 03-12-2010 | 03:01 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by harleyguy5571
I'm not local, but my wife and I always look for other places to go. Keep me up to date, maybe her and I will plan a mini vaction.

O......and we usally bring friends
More the merrier!

Old 03-12-2010 | 03:16 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by lastson
You stay down in OC? I'm thinking of calling in a favor at one of the local hotels I do IT work for and getting a room down there this year.
Yes, last year I was at the Comfort Inn on 112th street. It was nice cause I could actually get some sleep at night. LOL! I usually tent it if my wife isn't with me. She don't do tents though.

Staying on the main drag was nice for the evening partying. Leave the bike at the hotel and ride the bus all night for $2 to all the action so you can drink and have fun. I don't drink (more than a couple) and ride. Not worth it to me. The bus rides with the other bikers is a wild experience in itself.

Old 03-12-2010 | 04:53 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

First get the OK/backing from the CSA. Ask them if they can help with flyers, printing etc.
Then call every biker you know. You need a start and finish. Get a rough route. Like the others said Food/drinks music. etc. Go shake down every food and beverage dealer you can find. Don't forget major food chains.
Go to every bike shop with a flyer you can find. [ OOPPS get a phone number they can call] Post on line, don't forget the FD and PD clubs as well as Military riding clubs. Call local radio stsations.
Above all remember were all bikers looking to go somewhere and do something with other bikers. Leve no group or club out. You will be suprised as to how many will say
"When and where."
Good luck.