General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wisconsin Open-Carry and motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Devil Dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you will look closer at what Starbucks said you will find they said you can carry an unloaded firearm. Or maybe I misread it. My question is what would you want to carry an unloaded weapon for.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" damn liberal anti-gun idiots "

that pretty much sums it up......well said

Old 03-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Livnoutdoorsxd9
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluetoys
kinda (really far) wandered off the topic. So we can't open carry in WI on a bike?
+1

Old 03-13-2010, 03:20 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GREENOHAWK69
Kind of funny all of these laws covering guns...seems to me the 2nd Amendment explains it clearly - and trumps all State and Federal laws. Jus sayin'
Unfortunately our federal Supreme Court subscribes to incorporation doctrine, and the 2A has never been incorporated via the 14th Amendment. So no, it does not trump state law. We'll see what happens with the Chicago gun ban case that is before the Supreme Court right now, but I wouldn't hold my breath for incorporation.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:20 AM
fatvette
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Harleyrider_49
Trust me dude.....have held a license in the state for years....would'n chance it .....can be noted "brandish'n a firearm" got "spoken" to once, thats all, was in a grocery store, had a 1911 in a belt-slide, I guess the manager seen the muzzle peek'n below my shirt line, needless ta say, some local LEO's work security off duty there....just kind'a pulled me aside an said if it "scares" somebody.....well, just say'n........

(and he DID check all my "credentials")

Oh I agree with you 100% except the legal part. It is legal to open carry in Indiana with the "Licencse to Carry a Handgun" permit. You are right that all it takes is a citizen to see a scary black gun and they call the police. Then you have to set there while everthing is "checked out". Once everything "checks out" you are sent on your way. Thats why I don't do it but know of many that do. I don't have anything to do with this forum but since you are from Indiana you might want to check it out. http://ingunowners.com/forums/