General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Bound and Down....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 PM
mpmillion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East Bound and Down....

So...I report for Drill Sergeant school at Fort Jackson, SC in three weeks. Just found out that I shouldn't ride my bike because they have their own personal post decal instead of the Army wide decal for motorcycles. I would have to take their two day course before I could ride on post. Needless to say I'm a little pissed...I was looking forward to that trip. We also would have Memorial Day off and I was gonna cruise around. Just wanting to vent a little bit.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
DCamm94
Cruiser

I've been out since '99, but I would think if you are there for TDY they might give you a temp sticker - especially if you've taken an MSF course or something. I would call the Garrison Commander's office and get routed to the right person.

On a side note, I used to be an OSUT CO, so let me congratulate you on getting selected. All my drills enjoyed it and said it was both the most challenging and rewarding assignment they had to date.

Rangers Lead The Way!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

OSUT..haven't heard that in a while! Fort Benning!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
mpmillion
Tourer

Yeah I'll be coming back to FLW to do OSUT with 14MP BDE...not sure where I'll end up after that. I think for MPs its 19 weeks now....damn. I'll check bout the temp sticker....I have my MSF card so hopefully that'll help.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Skip
Road Captain

Hope you enjoy Relaxin Jackson. I was an MP from 71-73; took basic at Leonard Wood.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Haywired
Road Master

Good Luck with your training and I hope you get the permit for your scooter. I was at Fort Lost in the Woods from July to October in 1975 for basic E-4-2 and AIT A-5-4. Hotter than the blazes down there in August. We managed a few weekends out and one up at Lake of the Ozarks which was a good time.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

drill sergeant!!!??? boy, that brings back BAD memories from the late 60s.

I hope you get to take your bike.

oh, and thanks for your service. it is greatly appreciated!!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your selection. Get ready for up late and up early but as you know, you'll have many STORIES when you get out from under the hat. America's kids are now yours.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man...Fort Lost in the Woods!! Did basic (C-1-3) and AIT there in 71. Still carry the remnants of Fay's Tattoo Parlor in Waynesville on my arm. Good times!! Congrats on the selection and have fun. Geez

Old 03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Andjh123
Tourer

Originally Posted by mpmillion
So...I report for Drill Sergeant school at Fort Jackson, SC in three weeks. Just found out that I shouldn't ride my bike because they have their own personal post decal instead of the Army wide decal for motorcycles. I would have to take their two day course before I could ride on post. Needless to say I'm a little pissed...I was looking forward to that trip. We also would have Memorial Day off and I was gonna cruise around. Just wanting to vent a little bit.
If you go to the IMCOM site to register for the course, Fort Jackson has the same BRC, ERC and sport bike courses that are available to the rest of the army. If it does require a special Fort Jackson DoD decal (i.e. you can't use your FLW decal to get on post there for whatever reason) it seems you should be able to go into the front gate/visitors' center, throw down your license, registration etc...along with your BRC and ERC cards and be gtg for the bike.

Quick Reply: East Bound and Down....