General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportbikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Kicks
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportbikes

Cracks me up.

Youre not even going to come close to a sport bike in any way.
Not even the New Street rod, it's a joke.
I ride a Hayabusa and whenever a Harley of any sorts come up to me with that look like "lets go" I laugh in their faces.
Now I ride a Harley as well and like it but it aint a real sporty in anyway.
Different classes.
Enjoy what you have for what it is. If not buy a sport bike.
I like having them both because whe I want to cruise along smoothly it's the Harley. Whe I want total ***** to the wall it's the Hayabusa hands down.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

The busa is very sweet! But, it corners bad, Now a 600 RR would kill it on a short track, but the important question here is "will it get you laid?"

Old 06-02-2005, 03:19 PM
modette
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SKJOLD

Sportbikes have nothing to do with us and have a culture of their own. So I usually pay them no attention.

Is this why you guys wont wave?

Old 06-02-2005, 03:20 PM
modette
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Joe Scout

The busa is very sweet! But, it corners bad, Now a 600 RR would kill it on a short track, but the important question here is "will it get you laid?"
Yeah, by an actual nice looking small gal vs. an old hag with tattoos

Old 06-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Beefcake
Tourer

When I ride, I just love to cruise. I'm not in a hurry to get where I'm going, so why turn on the afterburners on a crotch rocket? Safety is of tantamount concern for me. I want to arrive at my destination safely, and return home safely. I can get just as many thrills and excitement doing 70 on my Softail as opposed to doing 130 on a rice burner.

Plus, to own a Harley speaks of class and taste. Harley Davidson is an institution, living, breathing American history.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Greywolf
Cruiser

Get a V-Rod best of both worlds.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There are a lot of good opinions here. I believe that if you want speed and you want to ride around looking good then the only way to do it is to buy another bike. You could probably get a used sport bike for the amount you spend on trying to make that sporty go as fast as a twin cam 600cc, 4 valve, 15,000 rpm redline, 400lb sport bike. There is just no cheap way to make your sporty keep up. So just kick back and enjoy looking good. I am lucky enough to have the best three worlds. Fatboy, zx-6r, NOS Hayabusa. Although I love riding my HD so much I am probably going to get rid of the Busa since I have 66 thousand miles on her. It is kinda trippy to see both sides of motorcycleing. When I am on my HD everyone on a cruiser waves at me. When I am on my sport bike only sport bikes wave and the crusiers usually dont look. I see this same guy on a HD going to work every day. When I ride my HD and have on my Leather Jacket Black Harness boots and half gloves and Fake dot approved helmet he always waves and at lights says hello. When I ride my sports bike with the sport jacket and Alpinestars gloves and SPIDI boots Arai Helment he ignores me. I remember the first time I seen him when I was on my sports bike and I waved at him he ignored me and I was thinking what is wrong with him. Then I realized I was on the Sports bike. With the arai helmet has a blacked out sheild he would never have known. I have never told him it was me as long as I have been riding to work from my current house with the sports bike for the past two years. I think it is so funny that he is so friendly when I ride my hd and when I am on my Sports bike he turns his head. (HEY YOU I AM THE SAME PERSON!!) My friend in Los Angeles had the same situation but reverse. He lives near a bunch of Ruff riders. (Sports Bike MC) When he goes by their house on his sports bike they all wave and give him thumbs up. When he rides by on his Road King they all ignore him. Funny seeing both sides.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,905 Likes on 814 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joe Scout

Clammy, off subject, but I see the Dakota. I own one of those, known as "the Piece of Dodge"
That's my neighbour's truck, hehehe... he's had it for what seem like eternity!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 PM
TQ
Intermediate

First I'd like to say, why is the hell are you trying to race rockets for? You have a sportster, just because it has the word sport in it doesn't mean its a sports bike. Also, liter bikes aren't THAT much faster than 600's unless both are being rode by really good riders. Liters tend to loose the front wheel alot when taking off fast. All my friends ride sports bikes and stunt, we ride around the city alot, them on their rockets, me on my custom. Its fun, but let me say I don't try and race em...

If sports bikes get to you then I suggest you take the 7G's you have invested in your sportster, take another 2G's and get you a 2001+ Busa. You'll be just fine, you'll have the wide body bike and the power behind it.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone waves to me, I will wave back no matter the bike. I simply noticed that most kids on sportbikes do not observe the tradition.

Quick Reply: Sportbikes