General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Wiley X

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was issued a pair of Wiley X glasses/goggles over here and have been saving them to use for riding when I get home. I like the little foamys around the eyes for wind. Plus the lenses are easily swappable and they came with both clear and tinted.

Originally Posted by Phrogman
I don't wear WileyX goggles, but I love their riding line of sunglasses. I have a wide bridge and they are about the only ones that really fit my nose. I do wish Oakley would come out with something wider in the bridge though.
Have you tried on the Oakley "Asian Fit" glasses? I know Oakley makes almost all of their models in what they call Asian fit, which I would assume are just wider.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by miketedesco
I was issued a pair of Wiley X glasses/goggles over here and have been saving them to use for riding when I get home. I like the little foamys around the eyes for wind. Plus the lenses are easily swappable and they came with both clear and tinted.
The cool thing is I still have my amber lenses, so I will still have the protection while I wait for my new prescription lens.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Good for you if they protected your eye. I have a pair of X-SG1 with 4 different lenses and it's sitting on a shelf in my garage. They're too big for me. It's a 1 size fits all but you better have a big head cause they don't fit snugly on mine. Only way not to see them fly off when I ride is to tighten the strap behind my head, something I don't like to do.
I wear a $15 pair of riding sunglasses bought in Myrtle Beach that fit me much better than the $150 X-SG1. Go figure!

Old 03-11-2010, 05:50 AM
65Bowtie
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We issue our guys Wiley and ESS. I use these as they feel better and had to pay for them. http://www.esseyepro.com/CDI_14_detail.html

Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Trigger
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of WileyX JP-2s that are sadly discontinued. I twice snapped the removable gasket in half. ( my fault both times ) I called them directly and they sent me a replacement both times at no cost. Nice to deal with a company that stands behind a product like that. Not too many out there like that anymore. They now have a customer for life due to that kind of customer service.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 pairs of wiley's that I was issued while in Iraq. I don't wear them because they don't fit well. I found some classes that are safety glasses made out of polycarbonate. They are called Bomber glasses. They look good and fit well. You can get them in almost any color you can imagine. I have smoked for day riding and clear for night. Best part is they cost $9.95. Check out there site. Right now they are offering free shipping.