General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Discounts on Parts&Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Dealer Discounts on Parts&Accessories

Just purchased a new 2010 StreetGlide last week. Loaded the bike up with some extra bling. When I inquired as to what would be my discount the Dealer replied 10% since I was buying the new scoot. Figuring I was dropping over $25k on the bike I was a bit disappointed the discount wasnt larger. I asked if they regularly offered HOG members a discount or not. He replied, "We dont offer discounts to anyone." Having just recently relocated to the area, I told him it was a regular practice to offer HOG members at least a 10% discount and some Dealers even offered as much as 20%. His reply was for me to go back to where I came from for my parts!

Is this just this particular Dealer? Would be interested in hearing what others find at their dealership. I know I can order over the Internet but I do like having a dealership local where I can get what I want same day.

Just curious, especially about HOG members.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
SBJJC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well bro I don't know where that dealership is located and all. I go to down town SD Harley. I really like it there. The sales girls are smoking hot, very friendly. They make an old guy feel good. The sales guys all know me by name and the parts guys are cool as H.E. double hockey sticks. Well until they found out I was a cop and then the parts guy was kinda stand offish, but no worries… lol.

Now the SD Harley in Clairemont, I don't go there much. It is a very large place and everything is all about get you in, spend your money and get out. Downtown, I will stop by sometimes and just hang out. The guys there have no issues just BSing and hanging out.

As for discounts, I have never asked, but they have taken care of me on a few small jobs on my baby for nothing.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:51 PM
ultrat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like my local dealer, no there probibly not that nice.............

Old 03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
FLHX08
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd print out a list of parts you wanted in zanottis web site along with shipping costs. bring it in and show him where you went back to order parts. if you want give him the chance to match or just rub his nose in it a little. or option three just order them online and ride it in sometime and if he asks where you got all the extras on the bike tell him, you went back to where you came from, home and got on the computer and ordered it all there instead of from him.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Some give 10 or 20 % the day of the sale. Some give 10 or 20 % for a period of time like 90 days to 6 months. One place I bought was 20% the day of the purchase and 10% for the next 90 days.

Many different combo's. But one suggestion, ask first not after. It helps. I'm sure you could have found a dealer near you that would have went 20 % off the day of the purchase.

You are upset but you have half the blame for not checking first.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:18 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

My local dealer offers 5% off for national HOG members and 10% off for local Hog members. The day I bought the bike i think it was 10% off as well.

My dealer also gives you the first year of national hog membership for free. The have sales fairly often and have extended me sale and discount prices even after the events have ended.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
tap_rack_bang
Intermediate

The dealer in Garland, TX gave 10% off for the first 30 days. I also took the riders edge course, and was offered 10% off during one of the "Dealership tours" of the course, and then they always offer me 10% off due to military service. Unfortunately, they wouldn't combine any of the discounts
They do offer a riders reward card though which is kind of neat, where they credit a gift certificate with 10% of your purchases. It can later be used towards more parts and other over priced things at the dealership, and this can be used with the regular 10% off.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
dreboogie
Novice

I don't know about discounts, but Zanotti's offers great prices, way better than my local dealer

Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM
edeluxe07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want discounts, order online....even the 3 dealers in my area (which includes the one I bought my bike from) gives 0% everything all the time!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
don g
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer gave me 20% off everything when I bought the bike and they have sales a few times throughout the year when the'll offer 20% off everything. I feel that they work hard to keep my business so I'll spend more money on some things at their shop that I could find cheaper somewhere else. Your dealer doesn't seam too concerned about keeping your business.

Quick Reply: Dealer Discounts on Parts&Accessories