General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Discounts on Parts&Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 PM
nighttrain72970
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he told me to go back where I came from to get my parts I would have told him to stick the new bike up is a$$....JMO

Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

HOG.. local and national=15% 24-7 at our dealer....

Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Kagan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discounts are tricky. As a parts guy I know the rules. 15% for HOG members who are ACTIVE. They have a card that has to be dated at least six weeks from the last meeting/run/event. We give 10% off on all new bike deals and we give 15% to local LEO's who are buying outside a State Purchase Order. Basically, personal stuff that the State wouldn't approve.

As for the the rules... I give the HOG dicount to members whom I've known for years and don't ask for their card. Past efforts are solid enough, meetings be damned. I've also shaved a point or two here and there to help a salesman secure a sale. Or, my favorite, discounting someone who shows up, list of part numbers in hand, big ol' smile and a great story of a run or an upcoming adventure. Sure, parts guys will reward that ****!

As for 20% off, well, the online guys are pretty much your only bet. I don't know of any dealer who will do a walk-in 20%.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoethree
Would be interested in hearing what others find at their dealership.
When I bought my Super Glide, in addition to a healthy discount off of MSRP (it was a "leftover" new 2009), they gave me 20% off most accessories and labor to install them. A few items only got a 15% discount. No freight or setup charges.

HOG membership had nothing to do with it. I wasn't a member as this is my first H-D. I only became a HOG member by buying my bike. The dealer included a one year membership in the deal. I didn't ask for it or even really want it, but they just signed me up.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:20 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nighttrain72970
If he told me to go back where I came from to get my parts I would have told him to stick the new bike up is a$$....JMO
+1 but I would have added "sideways" My dealer gives me 10% all the time and 20% during their December sales event each year because I have bought more than 1 bike from them. The only other place I shop is Zanotti's on the web and they are really nice people.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You must have read my mind !!!

My Stealer give me 20% off all the time,and I've never bought a bike from them,But I've bought plenty Bling !!!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Best deal I ever got was back in October of 03 on my 04 Road King. The dealership was moving to a new location and was trying to sell as much as they could instead of having to move it. Got the scoot for $2500 of MSRP. They said they usually gave 10% off any accessories bought at the same time as the bike, but since they were moving they little scratch cards that would give you an extra 10-30% any parts. At 10-20% I really wasn't going to add all that much. Scratched off my card an it showed 10%...sales guy tore it up and handed me another and kept doing this until I scratched off a 30% one. Bottom line was $2500 off the bike and 40% off all the parts I bought the same day. Once I got 40%, I loaded up. Second best was 6k OTD for a new 1125CR (since traded for a Uly) when H-D discontinued Buell.

Attached Thumbnails Dealer Discounts on Parts&Accessories-right-front-2.jpg  
Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn Straight!!!

My dealer offered 20% at time of purchase on my bike, but I still didn't buy anything. I usually can find parts cheaper and sometimes used for a lot cheaper. However the local dealers here do offer 10% or 20% for local HOG everyday

Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I think my dealership sux, but when I have gone back for parts I always ask how much it is. They tell me how much anfd I ask if they can do any better and they take 10% off with no problem.

Hey, may my dealer isn't so bad after all!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Right on !...Also to drop $25K for a new SG, I don't think so...I'd have told him to double-take a shovel right up his/her chocolate starfish and walked right out of the stealership.

Since 2002...My dealer, Arkport Cycles of Arkport, NY treated me like a royalty. Give me good trade-in's, 20% discount for the whole year during the first year I owned my new bike and 2X a year on 20% discount over Easter Weekend and Black Friday weekend.

Thorey

Quick Reply: Dealer Discounts on Parts&Accessories