General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 2010 Sucked

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:22 AM
N4SIR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

South Daytona set up a little trap just north of Miller`s perts place. They now have a Sgt. riding a bike and now they have to pay for it I guess. He had to gun it a little bit to catch up with me and the others and maybe the LEO thought he had one for sure. Back in the 80s they sat at Beach Street and 92 and stuck a stick up the pipes. Didn`t even know about meters back then. If ya had straight pipes ya got wrote up. I lived there for 20 yrs and saw lots of it.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM
SOBRIC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode down from New Mexico, in the snow and rain. Put on 5300 miles in three weeks, made friends that I will never see again, drank good beer and loved life. Had a blast.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Try Leesburg (Fl.) this April. You will probably find it much better.

They have alot of the same thingsh, but on a more adult level.

Prices are much better....and you can buy a Daytona Bikeweek T-shirt for 5 bucks.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
goose136
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default daytona-leesburg

i agree with about daytona had bad weekend started the morning i left for daytona wife called and ask if i noticed anything about my truck when i left. NO why well some 15yr old kid kicked out back sliding window took my breifcase pryed it open why it was unlocked and he did not take anything. told her to move it in garage and i'll deal with it when i get home!went on to daytona where we stay was booked solid took five stops to find a room!rode around went to main st. checked out wet t-shirt contest went to the bar called the bank had good southern blues player was good.went back to room got supper then took cab yes i know but fl. boys hate cold weather.went to sharks for fun!!drank half a beer started sweating went outback for fresh air and damn i started puking and some big outlaws were out back they were cool said get it out you'll be ok.they were right and i hangout where they are and never had a problem with any of them! i think some get labeled because there patch but i have learned you show them respect and they will be cool!!my wife don't ride but they had a show on when i got home about them and it was not about a good thing she worries about me having trouble but the show was more about the dark side. well decided to go home after 1 night to save some cash knowing i had to buy a back window!had better time riding back thru national forrest weather was nice radio going and just riding!! found out back window was not cheap since you cannot buy just slider you have to buy whole back window 1200.00 bucks for window with slider full back glass 241.00 installed you know what i went with !! NOW leesburg people treat you different they thank you for coming little town likes the money we bring to the town way better than daytona and if you act civil cops will not hassle you!! they have like 8 stages with bands playing and the don't gough you on hotel rates and they have some nice roads to ride. damn sorry about long post !!i better quit RIDE SAFE

Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda glad I didn't go this year. The weather was cold last year too. I am def going to Thunderbeach in Panama City Beach at end of April. I've hear from several people that its better than Daytona. Sure as hell will be warmer! Only about 380 miles from N. Ga.