General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 2010 Sucked

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:28 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I never grow up.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:13 PM
chinchbug
Intermediate

i went over for a couple days and for the most part your right. I go to mainly watch people. It is always fun to watch all the so called bad asses strut around.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
NavyCharles24
Cruiser
Location: Longwood, Florida, Seminole County, United States of America

sucked for you, great for me! Met some nice chicks there from South Florida, partied until the next morning! I guess it's who you hook up with and what you all do.
Yes, FREAKIN' COLD. It was wet cold, not dry cold.
I can't wait until Biketoberfest!

Originally Posted by N4SIR
This year in Daytona it wasn`t a total waste but not far from it. Rode my bike down on the 28th from north of Atlanta and it was a good but cool ride. Once there it was cold all week and not much of anything going on. Always the usual rip-off vendors and such but not a lot of activities other than the bars and demo rides. My son came down on Tuesday and we had some good times together but he almost got a ticket for his pipes in S. Daytona. Lucky for him I am a LEO myself or he would have dropped a few $$ in their pocket. His 91 Softail isn`t that loud to me but still the meter showed over 90 db. Friday night was a bust at Iron Horse. Even with David Allen Coe there we had no problem parking or walking up to get a drink. We did get some new ink by Bosco from Willie`s Tropical while there though. This has to be the worst week I have ever seen there and have been going since 1974. Maybe the fall event will be better both weather and crowd.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by chinchbug
i went over for a couple days and for the most part your right. I go to mainly watch people. It is always fun to watch all the so called bad asses strut around.
Those "bad asses" just scare me to death..............I mean they make laugh untill I almost die!..

Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Den Den
Advanced

I guess it's to each his own. Myself and three buddies rode down from eastern NC on the 28th. It was between 28 and 32 degree's when we left at 4 a.m. We stayed until the 6th and we all agreed. It was one of the best rallies we've attended in years. It is what it is which means if you choose to have a good time you will. If you choose to have a bad time...you will. In other words when you get up mornings expecting to have a bad day you'll rarely disappoint yourself!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know, I always find it amusing when the old act as though they've achieved moral enlightenment and maturity, when all that's really happened is their procreative juices have withered away. They're no longer of breeding age, and they act as though that age was simply the folly of youth. The same bunch that chased tail when young are the same old people who get all sanctimonious as they approach the big dirt nap. The stack of intently studied Penthouse magazines morphs into the daily bible study as they build that extended warranty to heaven.

The Russians have a folk saying...'Eat when you're hungry and make love when you're young'.

Last edited by krusty1; 03-09-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
mid evil train
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne06
Now I know why my wife keeps telling me to act my age...if thats what happens, I dont ever want to see true enlightenment....
Hey Mid Evil (Medieval?) Train:
Yep...my wife says the same to me. I think my poorly made point was an attempt to explain the disappointment one often feels with the rally scene...and it usually happens due to the realization (a "duh" moment) that this chit isn't cool, it's no longer fun...it's stupid or lowbrow. Some take longer to come to this realization than others. Some never do. YMMV. I think everyone should do, and absolutely have the right to do what they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, and it doesn't break the law. Just sayin'....[/QUOTE]

I had ya from the start, and pretty much agree with you, just my slightly twisted sense of humor may have came off wrong or sarcastic although not intentionally (this time)...its all good brotha.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by casper gomez
damn dude, i was just about to complain that i didn't see as many boobies this time.
Ain' that the truth! I was there 8 days and saw hardly a breast. The weather wasn't so good. MAybe that was the problem.

Some places were dead, particularly during the week. If it wasn't for my close friends down there, I might have stayed home and waited for a rally with better weather.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

69TH Annual Daytona 200 Race Results for 2010: Top 10 positions
1. J. Herrin Team Graves Yamaha
2. D. Westby 7.964 Project 1 Atlanta
3. S. Rapp 24.496 Team Latus Motors Racing
4. D. Eslick 40.973 GEICO Powersports, RMR, Suzuki
5. K. Coghlan 1 lap Aussie Dave Racing
6. C. West 39.919 Vesrah Suzuki
7. G. May 1:50.590 GMR Racing
8. S. Higbee 1:54.030 Higbee-Racing.com
9. T. Knapp 2 laps Ducshop Racing
10. E. Wood 15.626 Team Heyser

I heard that this years race was very exciting to watch. Hey, if the town seems like it's dead, why not go watch the races? It is what Daytona is really famous for in the first place, the races. But you knew that...didn't you?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by N4SIR
My son came down on Tuesday and we had some good times together but he almost got a ticket for his pipes in S. Daytona. Lucky for him I am a LEO myself or he would have dropped a few $$ in their pocket. His 91 Softail isn`t that loud to me but still the meter showed over 90 db.

Now give us the Paul Harvey (the rest of the story)...
Where were you and what was he doing when he got stopped for noise. I've been around Daytona for years and never seen anyone that was behaving themselves get pulled for pipes. I run straight pipes and have for years, and an officer has never ever looked at me twice. That includes bike weeks and quiet Sundays on Main street drinking at Dirty Harry's. Any chopper there is running straight pipes and have never seen one pulled over. Too tall apes, yep... breaking the back tire lose, sure... Crotch rocket pulling the front tire up, absolutely. No eye protection or tinted glasses at night, all the time... Riding a bike with straight pipes and behaving yourself? never...

Nomsayin...

Quick Reply: Daytona 2010 Sucked