General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

post deleted

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:43 AM
c5load
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default post deleted

post deleted

Old 07-31-2006, 03:26 AM
vegashd
Banned
Default RE: Northwest Harley, the msot unfriendly dealer in the NW

well if they are ordering a gear that makes a bike unsafe then it is very true it could be coming in. BUT your bike is not in for 2 1/2 weeks for a 1000 mile service, it is in for a warrentied gear. Ask them the details and they will tell you.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Took me about 3 hours for the 1k service...other than that, I'd concur with Vegas.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 AM
c5load
6th Gear

While riding in 4th gear the trans whined pretty bad. Yes, the bike is being fixed under warrenty. Kills me that you pay $20k for a new bike and it has problems at 1,000 miles.

Maxx

Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: c5load

While riding in 4th gear the trans whined pretty bad. Yes, the bike is being fixed under warrenty. Kills me that you pay $20k for a new bike and it has problems at 1,000 miles.

Maxx
If it's mechanical, it breaks...back in my younger richer days, I had a $55k Mercedes CLK320 and after 250 miles it had to go back into the shop for a week for something mechanical. It happens.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:56 AM
TRITON
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hang in there man. I know it can be frustrating. I don't think they're getting back at you for not buying the bike there. I have lots of buds (and myself) that have bought bikes through military sales, and the dealers have never treated us differently from anyone else. I would have to believe that your part is indeed on order, because your bike is now taking up space in thier shop that could be used for someone else. Have you considered asking them about a loaner, maybe at least for the weekends? Probably a long shot, but worth a try.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:23 AM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser

Hello;

I have a bike on order through military sales and will pick it up this October, when I get home. My question to you is, how were you treated unfairly or anthing like that, because I need to know what to excpect when I pick my bike up. I expect since they will not be making any money off me, they will not put me at the top of the customer list, but I will not stand by and let me be treated like dirt either. I agree with the other post that your bike is having warranty repairs accomplished and they are waiting for the gear to come in. Any details you can give as to your experience picking up and signing for the bike would help me, thanks.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 AM
TRITON
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: harleyrobert4

Hello;

I have a bike on order through military sales and will pick it up this October, when I get home. My question to you is, how were you treated unfairly or anthing like that, because I need to know what to excpect when I pick my bike up. I expect since they will not be making any money off me, they will not put me at the top of the customer list, but I will not stand by and let me be treated like dirt either. I agree with the other post that your bike is having warranty repairs accomplished and they are waiting for the gear to come in. Any details you can give as to your experience picking up and signing for the bike would help me, thanks.
I guess you haven't heard that the bike is just a downpayment for the accessories... Believe me if you are picking up your bike from what will be your dealer for parts and service, they will be making PLENTY of money off of you. I know of at least 10 guys that have bought bikes through mil sales and none have had a bad dealer experience, well not at pickup anyway. As a matter of fact some of them had the dealer offer them more than what they paid for them on delivery.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:53 AM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser

I am glad to hear the people you know have had good experiences. I have my reservations with the dealer I will be picking my bike up from. The service Dept at the dealership has been great in the past when I had my 1200C sporty, and the store has just had a MAJOR expantion accomplished, but I am concerned, because I heard (grapevine rumors) that the owner has given other mil sales people problems, because they did not buy from him.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is it the dealer or are they indeed waiting for parts from MoCo? Call the information operator and get the phone number for Harley Davidson, Milwaukee, and find out.

Quick Reply: post deleted