General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

post deleted

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:00 AM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Northwest Harley, the msot unfriendly dealer in the NW

Quote "I guess you haven't heard that the bike is just a downpayment for the accessories."

Ain't that he truth.

mikec

Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
c5load
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HR, I odered my bike in March with a build date of 23 April. The bike was shipped out on 3 May. I tracked it using the Military new car sales which is not updated very well. The bike arrived at the dealer on or around the 21st of may. When I called the dealer to ask if the bike was in they would give me the old song and dance. They would say they would call me back and never did. I have to say there is one guy that did help. He told me the bike was in and should be ready by Frieday. He also told me to call and make an appointment with the lady who does the paperwork to set up a delivery time. Well, I called the lady and she told me with attitude she didn't know if the bike was in. I had told her that I spoke with someone at the dealer and it was in. She then told me It would be 7 days to prep it. I then told her he said it would be ready that Frieday. Now this is the same person that when I first stopped by the dealer and gave my information and told her I ordered a bike and should be coming in showed no interest. Now to let you know, I never bugged them about when it was to arrive . I made 1-2 inquires to her about tracking and all I recieved is "I don't know, we don't track bikes from Military sales".
This dealer made plenty of money off me right away. I spent $2,900 in upgrades before delivery. Now this is the same store that you will have to track someone down just to ask a question. New car sales is a great program. I saved about $3,000 on my purchase. As for the dealer wanting your bike. That is along time ago. New car sales has also gotten smart and now has you sign a paper staying you will not sell the bike for a year.
Good luck with your bike and I hope you get treated better by your local dealer.

Maxx

Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: c5load
It has been 2 1/2 weeks now and still no bike. Now they said they had to replace a gear in the transmission. I guess the gear was bad from the factory.
I had to wait 2-3 weeks for a fuel gauge for my '06 RG.Of course I did not leave the bike at the shop.
I can see them not letting you ride the bike because of safety issues.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealers make money off the bike sales, but nothing compared to the accessories and service.

They will be extra nice to you, since you don't have that tie that others feel when they purchase from a dealer.

I know that my dealer doesn't care where you bought your bike from, you are there now and that's what is important.

I wouldn't worry about being treated differently. As far as the 2.5 weeks, I have to agree with the others. Probably a shortage of parts because of the new model year run.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
kolja
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my bike through military sales and picked it up at Skagit HD in Burlington, WA. I had HEARD they used to be not so great for folks who had done the military thing, but from the time I picked it up to the time I moved down here to NV they were great. I was told by someone in my squadron that new management had rolled in and understood that with a naval air station nearby, it would be in their best interest to become the "dealer of choice" for all the military dudes who needed parts, service, accessories, etc.

Reno HD has also been good to me since i moved here, but I've been getting enough stuff there lately that they probably see dollar signs when I walk in the door

Old 07-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

along with all of the other stealership issues, thats why i choose to go to a tried/true/trusted mechanic near me. this guy is ACES and he has a long history with HD's. hes 100% honest as well and will do just about anything asked of him (within reason).

case in point- he was involved in an accident on his (now totalled) Road Glide on Friday (i think). i saw him at a ride on Sunday and we BS'd a bit and mentioned to him that i needed my 1K mile service done THIS WEEK as im going on vacation and am taking the RKC with me. even though his shop is busy and hes banged up- he said 'call me tueday- ill get it done, no problem'

customer service is what its all about.

DP Cycles in N/E Philly