General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.

lets see some of those one of a kind personal touches that you have added to your bike. i know we have some machinests, fabricators, and just uniqe thinkers out there with great ideas, lets see em! my self i added a .50 cal. bullet as a gear shifter, not perfectly "clean" looking but cool and i get alot of compliments on it.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

You said let's see 'em, but you didn't post a pic of yours, WTF? I'm not a machinist but I have added a few unique homemade items. Before HD came out with black axle cover caps, I made my own out of iron pipe caps. Also made my own shifter spacer out of a piece of polished aluminum that I stole off mom's windchime. I also made my own round horn cover to match the A/C cover that I run. I took a round HD cover and painted it black and attached a timing cover to it. Both the horn cover and spacer can be seen in the big pic. The black axle caps can be seen in the little attached pic.

Attached Thumbnails personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-277.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dawg
You said let's see 'em, but you didn't post a pic of yours, WTF? I'm not a machinist but I have added a few unique homemade items. Before HD came out with black axle cover caps, I made my own out of iron pipe caps. Also made my own shifter spacer out of a piece of polished aluminum that I stole off mom's windchime. I also made my own round horn cover to match the A/C cover that I run. I took a round HD cover and painted it black and attached a timing cover to it. Both the horn cover and spacer can be seen in the big pic. The black axle caps can be seen in the little attached pic.

i know. i got a damn nice camera and lost the cord thingy that conects to the puter. i hate when iask for pics on somthing and dont post myself. LOL. i will as soon as i can...sorry....

Old 03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

by the way NICCCE!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Nickname is Ace....so i added an Ace to the bike.....not to many flasks mounted on bikes.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

nice touch ace

Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personal touch? Well, when I got my bike it had the traditional black/white police colors. I had to change the look so everyone who knew the bike from previous owner wasn't noticin it so much as his. In my sig pic, you can see the sides of the tank, top of front fender, and lower bags were painted over. Been laffed at for it, but I actually used textured truck bed liner paint to do it with. Came out ok, need some new pin striping to cover the outer edges tho. Also, I painted the recessed portion of my tank console with the same paint. Might be a pic in my garage, if not I'll edit it in a min...

Yeh, here it is...

I've also fabricated my own spacers on the shifter/brake arms. Not much to brag on tho, just cut tube and paint. Well, I guess I could brag and say that I didn't just cut them, I used my lathe to get a clean edge. But again, aint nuthin to brag about. Simple stuff really.

Last edited by CroK; 03-10-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:02 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

This is my personal touch to the fairing.

Attached Thumbnails personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-fairing003small.jpg  
Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A photo of my dad working on his Jeep in Belgium in WWII:

The rear fender of my RKC:

Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
A photo of my dad working on his Jeep in Belgium in WWII:

The rear fender of my RKC:

What a great tribute...good for you!

Quick Reply: personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.