General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
shepherd50
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my mods

1. Attached an open air cleaner cover to my football cover. 2. attached a fuel cap cover to my leather tank bib. 3. Made my own nice shiny tail light/license place bracket after not being able to find any for my scoot. I would get pissed every time I saw that cheap oversized piece of plastic.

Attached Thumbnails personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-air-cleaner.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-gas-cap.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-bv.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-cz2.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-fs.jpg  

Last edited by shepherd50; 04-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:50 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,034 Likes on 17,924 Posts

My whole bike is a personal touch I dare yah to find a stock shovelhead part on her

Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Done a bunch of real simple stuff so far. Blacked out a bunch of the hardware, changed out some parts (not really custom, but stuff I like) Changed the License plate holder to the one from the Slim. Still some stuff in process.

Here is the photo of my tail. The LED tailight, blacked out trim ring for the tail-light and the custom cover for the holes in the fender from moving the plate.

And here is the custom Pinstriping on my front fender. (Thank you Dan Kite)

Last but not least... My custom rear turn signal covers. Engraved and filled with gold (not real gold).

The logo is in memory of the 6 firefighters who died in a Cold Storage Building in Worcester, MA. I had the honor of working to help recover the 6 lost brothers and will remember those hours forever.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

It's not much but I dig lifted tanks. I do make my own brackets. So far this winter I have lifted the Deuce, Softail Custom, Super Glide and the CVO.

No pictures yet this was some of the winter projects and it has been raining so I can't get them outside yet.

I like to see the engine and the side benefit of more air over the rocker covers to aid a bit in cooling. Much easier to clean also. Some think it takes away form the bikes lines but I think it improves it.

The other small thing that I do to all of them is the fasteners for the derby cover. There are security fasteners at Walmart that are for licence plates and use a special wrench. They are the right thread and length to replace the #27 torx fasteners and gives a spiked look. Then I echo it with using them on the plates.

I know that is not much but it does make them mine.

Last edited by lh4x4; 04-18-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
All the little details that most don't notice:

Cut off outer filter housing

Cleaned up the wire harness, went from eight bundles to two bundles, and moved to the left side of the bike. Used JB Weld to plug unused grommet hole.

Used aluminum tape on oil cooler tank seams, tie wraps and rubber hose to support the clutch cable

Trimmed lower belt guard

Relocated horn

Home made wire support

Painted taillight housing and the LED light face plate

Trimmed license plate to fit into the mount

Painted signal reflectors, Screamin Eagle Dyna signal mounts, Wide Glide triple clamps

Screamin Eagle Dyna gauges

1.6" tank lift, Street Glide air shocks, Deuce headlight, Street Bob seat, 21" Wide Glide wheel, Screamin Eagle Springer footpegs

Gorgeous bike.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Do flags count as "personal touches" ?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:03 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
A photo of my dad working on his Jeep in Belgium in WWII:

The rear fender of my RKC:

thats a great pic of ur old man will steal it n send it to my mate who does ww2 reinactments,
but imo your scrip should be in same style. but nice job

Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 AM
fourhour
Tourer

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic

Last but not least... My custom rear turn signal covers. Engraved and filled with gold (not real gold).

The logo is in memory of the 6 firefighters who died in a Cold Storage Building in Worcester, MA. I had the honor of working to help recover the 6 lost brothers and will remember those hours forever.
That's pretty cool what you did, and why you did it. Thanks for your efforts in that tragedy. I remember it very well. I'm at work now, a quarter-mile from the fire site. I have the W6 sticker on my helmet.

Seeing your post was heart-warming this morning after listening to the strange turn of events in the Boston area over-night.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Twistedmetalman
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, my wife's 05 Sporty made mods that give the bike a twisted theme. Twisted steel handlebars and grips, all of the linkages, foot-pegs, highway bars, exhaust.

Attached Thumbnails personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-sportster-close-up-left-engine.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-sportster-close-up-right-side.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-sportster-handlebars-email.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-sportster-close-up-right-engine.jpg  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Twistedmetalman
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

05 Softail Deluxe. It's been a work in progress and themed for America and 9/11. You can check out the pics for everything I've done so far. I'll need to do a second post for the rest of the pics.

Attached Thumbnails personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-softtail-deluxe-close-up-front.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-softtail-deluxe-close-up-left.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-softtail-deluxe-close-up-right-side.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-2005-softtail-deluxe-close-up-seat.jpg   personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.-ws-full-view-alt.jpg  

Quick Reply: personal touches to your scoot, lets see em.