General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Wears Riding Masks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:44 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Just a black fleece tube for me....only when it's cold though. I couldn't see me wearing any type of mask in the summer. Unless of course there's heavy dust or ';m being bombarded with bugs.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Schamp makes a plain black tight fitting balaclava that i use in the winter and cold season.

I know the ones your talking about same thing or they are neoprene and have the head skull design alot people wear them as they are sold and do keep you warm

Old 03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Droop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll use my micro fiber Zub I keep around my neck. Pull it up around my face when temps drop. Put it around my forehead as a bandana to protect me from the sun when they climb.

If it really cold I pull out a neoprene plain black face mask that you can find at outdoor stores.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Besides protection against bugs/rain/cold, some people wear them to protect their identity.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
RyKR
Cruiser

I was out riding the other day and the temps dropped to about 30. I stopped in at Dollar General looking for a ski mask but found a Gaitor for $1. It worked great. It looks like the collar of a turtle neck but taller.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i wear a polar fleece type mask,need it for the cold mornings, and warm bays just a light weight type scarf mask,neither are face masks as such,but always wear something for dust,bugs etc!

Old 03-08-2010, 01:08 AM
desert-hare
2nd Gear

buncha pansies jk. i just wear a bandana, keeps the cold air out but also breathable enough so it doesn't get all stuffy at red lights... plus it looks bad ***

Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Picked up a black wool ski mask/bank robber deal (not sure what they are called) for a couple buck a few years back. Keep it in my saddlebag for when it gets cold and or rain/hails. Also got a black wool neck deal I wear with a wool beanie if it is only somewhat cold. If I ever come across another one (1 of each) I'll grab it so I can keep one with the Dyna seeing how the hail only seems to come along when I'm on that scoot and the ski mask is warm in toasty in the garage with the Street Glide.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only when I`m fixin' to rob a liquor store or somethin'...

Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbruce
I agree I dont have a windshield and thats why I wear one most of the time, Im gonna buy a skull one for the summer
Hi Bruce.
I mfg and sell floorboard extensions. I give away a skull bandana as a promotional item when a customer buys a kit from me. Since you don't have floorboards and will probably never buy from me I'd be happy to send you one for free. Just PM me your address and I'll get one off to you.
Tom

Quick Reply: Who Wears Riding Masks?