General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 AM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSwede
But... It's a Sportster!
LOL! That's a good one!

But seriously, have the old man throw in the daughter as part of the bargain, and I'd say you got yourself a deal!

On second thought, can we see a pic of the daughter? That would solidify any offer on my part.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ll admit to being out there riding and thinking – am I really enjoying this? Other times…when the weather is just right or seeing some great scenery and feeling more a part of it… I realize that there is nothing I had rather be doing.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 PM
eisterd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for the boyfriend, he lost his bike. they probably broke up over it. My wife wishes I looked at her the way i look at my bike!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

there's an available young lady who has her own bike (and apparently a job, as she's making the payments) in the mix here and you're worried about her old man?

some highlights i got from your OP...20 something daughter...recently left her boyfriend...2009 nightster

forget educating daddy dearest. educate his daughter. teach her how to care for the bike, how to ride it, how to maintain it, then teach her how to get on all 4's........

Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 PM
wolfie1961
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
A guy at work (who don't know dick about bikes) has just re-aquired his 20 something daughter who left her loser boy friend. She brings with her a 2009 nightster that she's been making the payments on for said loser b-frnd. It's been some months now and I asked today "you still got that bike?" He's already let the battery got to **** and god knows what else. He answers by saying, "I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining. All I could think is if you don't ride, I can't explain. If I had started trying to explain I would have ended up getting in an argument about it because he's already got his mind made up that it's stupid. Anybody ever run into this?
I would have just said "yeah, I guess I understand 'cause I really don't get the giving up your ********* thing guys like you do" and walk away.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:00 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
A guy at work (who don't know dick about bikes) has just re-aquired his 20 something daughter who left her loser boy friend. She brings with her a 2009 nightster that she's been making the payments on for said loser b-frnd. It's been some months now and I asked today "you still got that bike?" He's already let the battery got to **** and god knows what else. He answers by saying, "I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining. All I could think is if you don't ride, I can't explain. If I had started trying to explain I would have ended up getting in an argument about it because he's already got his mind made up that it's stupid. Anybody ever run into this?
Some people are not INTO bikes. I don't like rap music, and matter how hard someone tries to tell me what I am missing.....not gonna happen. Leave the guy alone. It's not your bike.....so what if the battery is dead?