General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

Why doesn't his daughter just ride it... after all it is a girls bike.

O.K. Ill stop

Old 03-06-2010, 07:19 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=TXSwede;6357227]Why doesn't his daughter just ride it... after all it is a girls bike.

ouch....

Old 03-06-2010, 07:25 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Be nice to him. You might hook up with his daughter on the rebound. And there might be a bike in it for you!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:30 PM
kingofsand21
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Why doesn't his daughter just ride it... after all it is a girls bike.

O.K. Ill stop

really thats not funny though. j/k. But anyway you cant explain something to someone who wont be open minded and try it for himself. As for me when someone says "you have a young family why wont you ever just give up that motorcycle riding." (Usually my mom and other family members) I say: Cause I didnt have to join the army and go to war, I didnt have to drive that fast car, or hit that big guy, or ride that motorcycle and I could be as safe as possible sitting at home watching tv and driving a big suv. But I dont wanna make it safely to 90 years old and say I wonder what that would have been like.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:42 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

If you see the lights on, and no ones home, why waste your breath.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:55 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The only people I have met at work who are "bikers" have never rode one. This one guy has a picture of he and his wife on Heritage in biker gear leathers and keeps it in his office, when I asked him about it he told me it was taken at a carnival or circus they charged him like $20.00 for a picture on a Harley. I just about fell down.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by domenicp7
The only people I have met at work who are "bikers" have never rode one. This one guy has a picture of he and his wife on Heritage in biker gear leathers and keeps it in his office, when I asked him about it he told me it was taken at a carnival or circus they charged him like $20.00 for a picture on a Harley. I just about fell down.
I'm speachless

Old 03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
A guy at work (who don't know dick about bikes) has just re-aquired his 20 something daughter who left her loser boy friend. She brings with her a 2009 nightster that she's been making the payments on for said loser b-frnd. It's been some months now and I asked today "you still got that bike?" He's already let the battery got to **** and god knows what else. He answers by saying, "I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining. All I could think is if you don't ride, I can't explain. If I had started trying to explain I would have ended up getting in an argument about it because he's already got his mind made up that it's stupid. Anybody ever run into this?
I'm sure he is into something that others might ask...Why? Like take me for instance...I don't get sports Fans....people fixated on putting athletes/teams on a pedestal and revolving their lives around it....different stroke for different folks...simple explanation.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

If your interested in the bike, make a fair offer. If not then why does it bother you?
Maybe he is trying to teach his daughter a lesson and making her learn from her mistake.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:55 AM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Different Strokes for different folks... some a$$holes are into skiing... they probably think i'm a jerk-off for riding a motorcycle.
Good thing we still live in a somewhat free country, huh? We can enjoy most any hobby that blows our skirt up.

I'd hit on his daughter, she's emotionally vulnerable now... and most every daughter wants to '****-off Daddy'.

Quick Reply: What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?