General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

How does that saying go. If You Don't Ride, You Will Never Know. Thats what I tell em.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:06 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
Ya I know 'to each his own" but I guess I just let it get to me because of his "not trying to put down riders" crap when that's exactly what he was doing.

That's why I didn't go there, I let it go but I also kinda stewed about it for a while.
yanno??? you can't be insulted by what someone says... unless you want to be insulted.
he has no interest in motorcycles....that's all... he doesn't get it, doesn't WANT to get it.

I never dreamed when I decided to start riding that I was gonna run into this kind of thing.
there's probably more folks who either don't get riding... or are anti-motorcycles.... than there are folks in favor of bikes..... you're just here among fellow riders. Ask any "old timer" and they'll tell you plenty of "biker trash not allowed here" stories

People really have some preconceptions (good and bad) about bikes and bikers.
Look at it from HIS perspective.... some dirtbag did his "little girl" wrong....

Old 03-06-2010, 07:15 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would A. offer to take the bike off their hands as a favor to them, at a very low price. and B. Offer to test drive his daughter if she's decent looking! LOL
(make the hand jesture of cupping both breasts and go "vroom-vroom")
Of course this is a joke, just struck me as funny, too bad most times I crack me up, no one else thinks it's funny =/

Old 03-06-2010, 07:26 AM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 142 Posts

Is the guy at work an accountant? Does he drive a Volvo.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:10 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GymRat523
he is right a car is safer, easier, more comfortable, just face it, we are the crazy ones.
Exactly. It is just like sky diving and down hill skiing, there are a lot of easier ways to get from point A to point B. Motorcycling is a motor sport, if he doesn't understand the thrill of a sport, tell him to go home and play with his video games.

I'm with the majority on this, give him a low ball ofter, buy the cycle and be done with the guy.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by StreetGlider57
I'm with the majority on this, give him a low ball ofter, buy the cycle and be done with the guy.
But... It's a Sportster!

Old 03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really who gives a crap what he thinks? But just for kicks a good answer would've been something along the lines of a laugh and, "Oh, you misunderstood me! I'm with you - there is NO WAY you could ever be a biker! I was just wondering if you were going to sell the bike!"

Then look at him and think to yourself: He's my bitch.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:40 AM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveMK
Is the guy at work an accountant? Does he drive a Volvo.
It's safe to assume that he's not man enough to drive a vulva.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:45 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To someone who 'doesn't get it' ... No explanation is necessary. On the other hand, someone who flatly becomes annoying and insulting about someone else's interest needs to be kicked to the curb. Just walk away, and leave them alone in their world of drama and conflict. Someone who is belligerent is not worth the energy you'd have to expend, just to share air.

THAT has nothing to do with the tangible bike ... It has more to do with the lack of control of a personal issue (that may involve a bike). It's not the first time someone has ridiculed an object of interest of an arch Nemesis.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-06-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:49 AM
jmcwms
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbleagle
Everyone knows bikes are dangerous... That there should be a law against riding them. It's just one more thing that the cell phone talking, texting, food eating, map reading, make-up applying, dip **** cagers have to deal with... they just have the time to look out for motorcycles... Duh!

Charlie D.
Copy that.

Quick Reply: What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?