General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people are better off NOT riding, don't encourage them!

Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 446 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
A guy at work (who don't know dick about bikes) has just re-aquired his 20 something daughter who left her loser boy friend. She brings with her a 2009 nightster that she's been making the payments on for said loser b-frnd. It's been some months now and I asked today "you still got that bike?" He's already let the battery got to **** and god knows what else. He answers by saying, "I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining. All I could think is if you don't ride, I can't explain. If I had started trying to explain I would have ended up getting in an argument about it because he's already got his mind made up that it's stupid. Anybody ever run into this?
Why on God's green earth do you care?????

Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
"I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining.
It doesn't require an explanation. People like all kinds of different things. If you feel the need to respond, you might simply ask "Do you understand why everybody likes everything else other than riding bikes - gardening, collecting unicorns or clown dolls, wearing sweater vests, building model cars, collecting old oil cans...?"

Hell, even among those of us who like bikes, we don't all like the same things or understand why others like certain things, and we don't all like bikes for the same reasons.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I'd just ask him if he still had it, if so,, WHY?????

Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

He's a frikin monkey, avoid him, don't try to talk to him and don't let him talk to you.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know people that are into hiking...i dont get it....mountain climbing...i dont get it.....sky diving....i dont get it.....Hockey...i definitely dont get it........and the list goes on and on!!!!.......is his daughter hot???.....she sounds available...Muah hahahahah

Old 03-06-2010, 03:45 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

if they have to ask! they wouldnt understand anyway

Old 03-06-2010, 03:49 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

You either LOVE them or you HATE them, there's no in between!!!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:12 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

You should of told him....."cause it makes 20 year old girls horny as hell". lol

Old 03-06-2010, 06:40 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone knows bikes are dangerous... That there should be a law against riding them. It's just one more thing that the cell phone talking, texting, food eating, map reading, make-up applying, dip **** cagers have to deal with... they just have the time to look out for motorcycles... Duh!

Charlie D.

Quick Reply: What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?