General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Like they mostly conclude to...to each their own!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Everyone is different...plain and simple

Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM
el chivito76
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take his daughter out have fun and then tell him thats whats being a biker is about chicks dig guys with scoots.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya I know 'to each his own" but I guess I just let it get to me because of his "not trying to put down riders" crap when that's exactly what he was doing. The last thing I would have done was try to force my ideas on him - not at all, I don't wanna be one of those people. That's why I didn't go there, I let it go but I also kinda stewed about it for a while. I never dreamed when I decided to start riding that I was gonna run into this kind of thing. People really have some preconceptions (good and bad) about bikes and bikers. Not gonna let it change me or how I feel about my choice though.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
A guy at work (who don't know dick about bikes) has just re-aquired his 20 something daughter who left her loser boy friend. She brings with her a 2009 nightster that she's been making the payments on for said loser b-frnd. It's been some months now and I asked today "you still got that bike?" He's already let the battery got to **** and god knows what else. He answers by saying, "I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining. All I could think is if you don't ride, I can't explain. If I had started trying to explain I would have ended up getting in an argument about it because he's already got his mind made up that it's stupid. Anybody ever run into this?

Don't say anything...just give him a ridiculously lowball offer to help him out and take that POS off his hands...

Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
skirtbum
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would tell him "How much do you want for it?"

Last edited by skirtbum; 03-05-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Different strokes, He wasn't bothering you until you asked about the bike. You are just trolling to get a a great cost.

Just leave him alone he is allowed to have his opinion especially since his daughter got f'd over by a biker.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You should have said, "riding ain't for pu$$ies."

Old 03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
hommes
Road Captain
Default Did you check his head?

Originally Posted by exemexer
A guy at work (who don't know dick about bikes) has just re-aquired his 20 something daughter who left her loser boy friend. She brings with her a 2009 nightster that she's been making the payments on for said loser b-frnd. It's been some months now and I asked today "you still got that bike?" He's already let the battery got to **** and god knows what else. He answers by saying, "I don't mean any offense to riders or anything but I don't get the whole bike thing. What's the big deal about going (he makes a motorcycle noise) everywhere, and the black leather thing and all that when you can just drive a car". I was dumb-founded and didn't know where to begin to try to explain or even decide if it'd be worth explaining. All I could think is if you don't ride, I can't explain. If I had started trying to explain I would have ended up getting in an argument about it because he's already got his mind made up that it's stupid. Anybody ever run into this?
I'll bet he was wearin' a Beanie.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:00 PM
icewater103
Road Captain

I like the fact that they don't get it. I rode in to work one morning and got caught in the rain. I walked in the door to "bet you wish you would have driven your truck". I replied with "No, I just wish you would stop parking your heap so close to my parking space 'cause my bike doesn't like it, now go make some coffee".
Now nobody wants to park near my spot. The boss is the biker in the company, ain't that a bitch?

Quick Reply: What do you tell somebody that has NO CLUE?