General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a visit from the cops today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:08 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got a visit from the cops today

yes its bike related.

well if you watched the video i made the other day at 4:20 in the video i pull out of the drivway and go for a rip, in the un edited clip i am gone about 5 minutes, anyway i had ridden up the road about a mile and pulled into house with a round about driveway that i ASSUMED was vacent as it hada real estate sign out front with a sold tag but no curtains or movment, i didnt notice the vehicle parked out back unloading.

well if ya did watch the vid you would have noticed an inherint lack of fenders, licence plate, rear light, seat, helmet, other assorted proctive clothign normally worn by a harley rider. well as i pull through the drivway as i get on the road i dump the clutch hard with a good solid twist of the throttle and left a nice long black strip then shifted int osecond and dumped hard again this time pulling the front end up, wellllllll apparently unbekownest to me the moving truck out back was hired by the RCMP officer who purchased the house and was supervising the movers at the time of my turn around, he had heard me pull in and decided to check out who this biker was pulling into his yard i guess, well he seen the whole thing.

anyway fastforward to this morning and just as i get to my sons bus stop for the school bus i see this ghost car pull up down goes the window and he introduces himself and asks me nicely jsu twhat in the he11 i was doing in his driveway the otherday, i respectfully explained that it was a test run after a long winter of mechanical work and had i known someone lived there i would have gone an extra drive way up. so he asked me to atleast put a rear light on and carry my plate with me if i am gonna be going more then 1/2 mile within my moms house and told me i had nicer biek then the ricers he's used to seeing.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

It sounds like you both handled it very well. Courtesy and respect will go a long way with the police.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Atleast a cop with good taste. You bad boy, you...

Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

damn scooter trash, always causing trouble.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 PM
HD 472
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All in all, sounds like a good cop....

Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Poorguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by junior07
It sounds like you both handled it very well. Courtesy and respect will go a long way with the police.
It goes a long way with just about everyone and needed more in more in the me oriented world that's unfortunately approaching faster and faster.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL sound like a cool guy

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep, not all cops are bad. Did he bring his "mount" with him? Just kidding...RCMP...get it? Okay, sorry I'm done...

Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i dotn much care for the profession or most of the laws they enforce but generally as a rule i aitn an ******* to start off with. the cop that lives a few miles the other direction is a real dickwad though but thats a differnt story.

now i got 3 cops living in a 10 mile radius of my moms and my house joy this summer is gonan be fun LOL. good thing about this population under 500 community though is everyone gets along and noone says much if yer "bending" rules and laws as long as it dont hurt no one, no one saw nothin LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 PM
sddyna
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In the long run he could be a great guy to have in the hood. Make friends with him, good guy to have on your good side!

Quick Reply: Got a visit from the cops today