General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harleydavidson sales

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006 | 01:53 AM
rippedusa
|
Advanced
Default harleydavidson sales

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF HARLEY GIVES DISCONTS ON THIER BIKES EVERY YEAR OR IS THIS SOMETHING NEW.THE DEALER TOLD ME HE WOULD GIVE ME 750 OF THE ROADSTER IF I WOULD BUY IT BY TOMMOR.I DONT NOW IF I SHOULD WAIT FOR A 2007 FOR NEXT YEAR AND HOPE FOR THE SAME DISCOUNT.

Old 07-30-2006 | 02:05 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: harleydavidson sales

EOY sales on prior models will get some discount unless the dealer is real greedy. After all, why pay full for a (seemingly) yr-old ride? Plus it looks like they cannot move their stuff, which is not good for HD dealers.

I know of 1 (ex) Victory dealer that dropped 3k off the old model to get it gone.

Old 07-30-2006 | 02:13 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: rippedusa

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF HARLEY GIVES DISCONTS ON THIER BIKES EVERY YEAR OR IS THIS SOMETHING NEW.THE DEALER TOLD ME HE WOULD GIVE ME 750 OF THE ROADSTER IF I WOULD BUY IT BY TOMMOR.I DONT NOW IF I SHOULD WAIT FOR A 2007 FOR NEXT YEAR AND HOPE FOR THE SAME DISCOUNT.
Well I guess if you are willing to wait a year for a bike that you could buy today you really don't want one.

Old 07-30-2006 | 02:21 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

ORIGINAL: rippedusa
I DONT NOW IF I SHOULD WAIT FOR A 2007 FOR NEXT YEAR AND HOPE FOR THE SAME DISCOUNT.
And miss a years worth of riding? That's just crazy.

Old 07-30-2006 | 03:25 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

HD Dealers are on a 'turn and earn' alotment system. For every bike they sell this year, they are alotted that amount for the next year (maybe plus some). Their 'year' ends in July, hence the big dealer discounts. Any carry-over 06's they have after July, represents one less '07 that will be available to them to sell next year.

Old 07-30-2006 | 03:34 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior

Not to mention that there is a big change from '06 to '07 models. I was at my dealership the other day and they had depleted their stock by at least half...trying to make room for the new and upgraded '07's I'm sure. Time to bargain for the '06's, with the changes for '07 I imagine most will be very willing to wheel and deal!

Old 07-30-2006 | 10:08 AM
cutacroshorty
Road Master

We can probably count on at the end of the '07 model year that the 2007 bikes won't be discounted as much as the '06 models were because of the new upgrades. I would guess that the '07 and the '08 models will pretty much be the same except things like color differences.

Old 07-30-2006 | 10:20 AM
mikec
Road Captain

Wouldn't a 103" in '08 be a pisser LOL

mikec

Old 07-30-2006 | 11:08 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

Yeah, you could wait a year but then, you would have to think about waiting for the 08's to go on sale and you could wait another year and then another, etc. etc.

If you want a motorcycle, buy one. If you want to fantasize, that's o.k. too !!!

Old 07-30-2006 | 11:33 AM
Cyclecycles
Cruiser

Turn and earn was extended until October, so all dealers have until Oct 31 to move 2006 models if they want to keep the allocation, but on the other hand.... allocation is not much of an issue these days with supply being equal or greater than demand in many areas of the country.

Yes, most dealers are offering some kind of incentive to buy the 2006 bikes since the 2007's are such an improvement. It will depend upon the marketplace though. If your in an area where there are not many 2006 units left the incentive will not be very good, if your in an area where there are a bunch of 2006's then the discounts are higher. The other scary factor is that the worst dealers will have the most leftovers and the biggest discounts. I know of a few dealerships offering obscene discounts, but it is only because they are so bad, no one wants to do business with them.

Quick Reply: harleydavidson sales