General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A very "touching" experience...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 04:51 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A very "touching" experience...

I would like to share this with you guys.

This happened a few years ago. You definitively know how jealous we are about someone touching our bikes in public places without permission and kids placing their little hands all over chrome. Lets face it those like me who spend 3 hours of a weekend making your ride "sun-worthy"... it ain't much fun to watch you wok spoiled...

Ok, I was coming outta my relative's house and I see this blind fellow whos mother (I presume) probably told him about a nice bike on the street... This guy's only way to see the ride was feeling it. He touched the Fat Boy from headlight to brakelight and his smile was growing bigger every second. I just stood there watching and what I felt is somethig no very easy to put in words... I was happy.

I would you have reacted to that?

Best regards.

Mimo.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A very "touching" experience...

Sounds pretty cool. I assume you knew he was blind before you saw him this time.

It's amazing the smiles a Harley brings to peoples faces, even those that dont ride em.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:45 PM
HDFAN
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blieve I'da asked his mom's permission to take him fer a spin.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 07-29-2006, 06:11 PM
FLHR143
Cruiser

After all that touching and grinning, I would have atleast cranked her up and let him hear that sweet Harley sound.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:15 PM
RED E GLIDE
Tourer

My brother in law rented a cherry picker to put Christmas lights up the first year on his new house(big house). anyway everyone including neigbors asked for a ride.
Even the blind guy from down the street! He got a thrill even though he's blind!
Thanks for sharing your story.
Did you fire it up so he could sense the power by sound.
I would have asked if he wanted to go for a ride.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: RED E GLIDE

My brother in law rented a cherry picker to put Christmas lights up the first year on his new house(big house). anyway everyone including neigbors asked for a ride.
Even the blind guy from down the street! He got a thrill even though he's blind!
Thanks for sharing your story.
Did you fire it up so he could sense the power by sound.
I would have asked if he wanted to go for a ride.
Reminds me of when I had an excavator at my house. I was replacing driveway and sewer line. I think the whole neighborhood took a ride on it. Everyone wanted to take a bucket full of ground out.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:44 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a good idea on a dusty black bike!

Old 07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats's great and I'm glad you didin't mind him touching your bike and taking a look at it. Good thing you didin't have your significant other with you, he might have wanted to see what she looked like!!

Just yesterday at the store up the road a little peice, I pulled in and parked and a fellow walked up and was smiling real big and I could tell he like my bike. He let me know that he thought it was real nice, he was a deaf mute. Damm, some folks have it rough. We usually don't realize how lucky we are. Stafford

Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Sounds pretty cool. I assume you knew he was blind before you saw him this time.

It's amazing the smiles a Harley brings to peoples faces, even those that dont ride em.

Actually no, I did not know the guy was blind, but by the way the where talking it was my impression that he was not blind from birth, he knew what he was in front of... he was not very young actually, perhaps 35 or so. The older lady that was leading his way told him about the bike and inmediately he passed her the cane to look at the bike... God only knows what it would be for one of us, enthusiasts, not been able to ride again...

And yes, we are very fortunate... It is a shame it did not came to my mind to aproach them and start up the hog so he could listen...

Well this is really a story I would spare a buck to hear.

Regards.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: stafford

Good thing you didin't have your significant other with you, he might have wanted to see what she looked like!!

Hahahaha, good one...

Quick Reply: A very "touching" experience...