General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon Cycle-Worst customer service ever seen!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:30 AM
maryland blackout
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by derobins12r
Boy I sure wish I researched Demons Cycle reviews before I dealt with them. Their side mount license plate is pretty awesome but their customer support is terrible. I had a complaint about the part not fitting like they insisted it would, he wouldnt listen to reason, and kept telling me my mechanic and I are the problem. He even said I shouldnt buy from them anymore cause they only sell to real bikers not to people who just buy bikes. Seriously? WTF? Oh well, 2 Harley Davidson mechanics confirmed they were wrong today and Ill need to find custom axle covers now. Lesson learned.
Identical problem. Side mount plate showed up quickly and looks great but doesn't fit the bike as advertised. No directions or guidance and when i emailed the shop they said they use it on all their bikes and there are a bunch of pics on their site. Well there are some pics of the plate from a distance on custom frames so it doesn't help me one but. I came up with a solution to put it on the lower shock mount instead but it just chaps my ***.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
sgabriel
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service from Demon Cycles

This business needs to get a wake up call big time. Bought item off epay on basis of indicated overseas shipping. The invoice ended up with a higher figure but decided to look at further items to spread the load. Initially given direct response to what the new shipping fee would be but thereafter told to use account. Their automated system sucks as the freight estimating for O/S is ridiculous. No response to this when the difference between the quoted, the invoiced and the computer indicated freight but reminders to sort invoice. Sorted with message to hold despatch until extra items included. Acknowledgement issued indicating that item was not be sent for three days so I confirmed this window. That got terse email saying item automatically being forwarded. The message was rude given impersonal and unnaccountable nature and was basically a "F.U." so i politely pointed this out.Their committment to customer service is shown by two automated emails to any email sent. So I mpointed this out and saluted the business accordingly. That got immediate responses. The first was inviting me to contact them when I got a real bike. I guess that must apply potentially to anyone who might look for Harley related product. Cheap shot that reflects their arrogant attitude so anyone who thinks their might be respect then push for service standards. The other response was a sorry message but it was directed on the basis that I merited the salutation 'ma'am'. Again the gnder was wrong just as their service orientation was wrong. If they want b.... slapping then they can check out the forum sometime. Everyone should stay upright and well away from this business because you can search the internet and see that this sort of problem is not isolated.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:03 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They're dead to me.