General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon Cycle-Worst customer service ever seen!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
So on top of that.....
Still pissed off but figure I have the day off and there is still 4 feet of snow on ground but we can go and put our new parts on bikes in garage. Start with handgrips but ended there after spending last half hour trying to find the stupid brass/copper? thingy from the throttle cable that dropped and bounced into some hidden corner in the shop.
Sometimes you just have to give up!!!
Here's a tip, put a little grease on the brass thingy and it will stay on the cable like glue.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Just received email from demoncycle - hours after they received my email showing links to my thread and other threads on the forum showing how disappointed people are with their customer service. Al asked that I remove my negative feedback and he will send me my correct bolts immediately. I wrote Al back letting him know that I do want my bolts and that I will UPDATE my post, letting others know that he is attempting to make this issue right. I also let him know that I hope he addresses his customer service problems.
I will post again after I receive my new bolts for the mirrors.
Just goes to show how important word of mouth is and what type of changes we can make on this forum.
I know it is just a bolt but what's right is right. I truly hope I can let everyone know that Al did what he said he would.
He wins now. He sends the bolts & you remove the post. I would have told him to stick the bolts where the sun doesn't shine & filed a dispute with my credit card company to stop payment to further bust his chops. Getting the bolts elsewhere would have been a pleasure. Screw Demon Cycles.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know the old saying "You only get one chance to make a good first impression"?

Well, seems like Demon Cycles had that chance when you contacted them the first time and blew it. Now that it has been posted on the net about shoddy treatment, they want to make it right?

I agree with post above about telling them to shove their bolts.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also agreed with screw them at first but my hubby really wants those bolts. He wins - like usual. Anyway, thanks Golfblues for the tip. Had to go to dealership to buy "brass thingy" -cable stopper - so will definitely try the tip. Should have thought of it ourselves. By the way, guess you're not riding too much lately either

Old 03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyway, thanks Golfblues for the tip. Had to go to dealership to buy "brass thingy" -cable stopper - so will definitely try the tip.
Here is a tip that was passed on to me that works real well when working on little things that you can easily drop and then they disappear....

Spread out a old white sheet on the ground under like your throttle.If you drop that small part again it won't bounce or roll off and will be easy to see it.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I also agreed with screw them at first but my hubby really wants those bolts. He wins - like usual. Anyway, thanks Golfblues for the tip. Had to go to dealership to buy "brass thingy" -cable stopper - so will definitely try the tip. Should have thought of it ourselves. By the way, guess you're not riding too much lately either
Riding? Now that's funny. I can't even get either bike to my buddies garage to do some mods & he's 5 miles away. I want springtime NOW.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I certainly will never buy from them.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
sparky1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the heads up,I was gonna order a couple of things for my Ultra,gonna go someplace else,won't deal with azzh**es.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

They've had a couple of things I was looking for, but I haven't bought from them because of all the different bad stories in here about them.
If you treat people badly, it comes back to haunt you.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:47 PM
gasol1ne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smart vendors know that forums like this one exist and that customers exchange thoughts and that keeping customers happy is good advertising. Vendors who don't know this or practice this will one day learn. Thanks for the heads-up. I see them all over ebay.

Quick Reply: Demon Cycle-Worst customer service ever seen!!