General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon Cycle-Worst customer service ever seen!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
kingofsand21
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip I was thinking of ordering a billet headlight from them.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So on top of that.....
Still pissed off but figure I have the day off and there is still 4 feet of snow on ground but we can go and put our new parts on bikes in garage. Start with handgrips but ended there after spending last half hour trying to find the stupid brass/copper? thingy from the throttle cable that dropped and bounced into some hidden corner in the shop.
Sometimes you just have to give up!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be wrong, but it just seems like a lotta folks that do business online have that kind of attitude...probably because they think the world is a big enough customer base they don't have to worry about word of mouth. It's gotten so bad, I rarely order anything online that is size or model dependent...whether it's bike related or not. I do have a small list of online businesses from which I would not hesitate to order anything because they do ya right...but, it seems I rarely add any new businesses to that list lately.

Although I've seen this kinda thing about Demon before, still appreciate the heads-up.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for heads up. They're now on my "Stay Away" list of vendors.
By the way, you might want to email the owner the link to your thread. If he has an ounce of brains, he'll quickly realize that screwing a customer ain't the smartest thing to do.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks for the advice Frenchbiker

Just received email from demoncycle - hours after they received my email showing links to my thread and other threads on the forum showing how disappointed people are with their customer service. Al asked that I remove my negative feedback and he will send me my correct bolts immediately. I wrote Al back letting him know that I do want my bolts and that I will UPDATE my post, letting others know that he is attempting to make this issue right. I also let him know that I hope he addresses his customer service problems.
I will post again after I receive my new bolts for the mirrors.
Just goes to show how important word of mouth is and what type of changes we can make on this forum.
I know it is just a bolt but what's right is right. I truly hope I can let everyone know that Al did what he said he would.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
terrykappler
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse the Charge!

Everyone should keep in mind in these types of circumstances that your credit card company is on your side in cases like this. Also your bank if you used a debit card. If you make a genuine effort to receive satisfaction and the vendor denies your request, you can usually ask your credit card company/bank to reverse the charges. The burden of satisfaction then shifts to the vendor.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Al asked that I remove my negative feedback and he will send me my correct bolts immediately.
I hope you get your bolts and GOOD ON YOU for calling this azzhole on the carpet.

Only after he sees that people are "watching" his **** poor customer service....then he decides to help?

What a F'in douche bag!! This makes him even worse in my eyes.

Don't even start with the, "He's trying to make it right." BS...

One for the little guy!!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Just received email from demoncycle - hours after they received my email showing links to my thread and other threads on the forum showing how disappointed people are with their customer service. Al asked that I remove my negative feedback and he will send me my correct bolts immediately. I wrote Al back letting him know that I do want my bolts and that I will UPDATE my post, letting others know that he is attempting to make this issue right. I also let him know that I hope he addresses his customer service problems.
I will post again after I receive my new bolts for the mirrors.
Just goes to show how important word of mouth is and what type of changes we can make on this forum.
I know it is just a bolt but what's right is right. I truly hope I can let everyone know that Al did what he said he would.
See, very rarely this kind of action gets unnoticed. Get your bolts first, that's the most important. Then the consequences of their behavior is their problem, not yours. I can tell you that regardless of them fixing the problem with you, I will not buy anything from them. Obviously, they didn't care until you sent them the reactions from the Forum members. That's enough for me to spend my money somewhere else.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a great place to deal with LOL! I work in the automotive/customer service industry and I know first hand how to treat people and that is not how it's done. I mean even if I can't help someone I still treat them with respect and try to guide them in the right directions when I can.

Well I will never order from Demon.

Quick Reply: Demon Cycle-Worst customer service ever seen!!