General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the Hell is wrong with people???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 AM
keeferfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the Hell is wrong with people???

Finally a nice enough day for a ride so I took my 8 year old son for a quick spin trough town. Heading down a divided road right through town only doing 35mph, look up and see a full size pickup truck cross the center line coming right at me. Surely he can see me right - - -WRONG! I lock up the brakes and look at my options, a ditch to the right and if I swerve into his lane and he wakes up he’ll hit me any way. At the last minute about 20 yards he quits texting, day dreaming or whatever the hell he was doing (not driving) and swerves back into his lane. He gives me one of those woops looks, like that helps. My son says to me what was wrong with that guy and my response should have been he couldn’t see because he had his head up his *** but I just said you have to watch everyone when you’re riding. Sorry just had to vent.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:46 AM
lucky chuckie
Tourer

Stupid people like sunny days too!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You made the right choices. Glad you and your son are OK. That is what they used to call defensive driving. Always look for the escape route. Preferrably not the other guys lane just in case he wakes up and pulls back into it, as he did here.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:58 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

95% of the people on the road drive cars, 5% are drivers. I mean there are so many rules in the world and county, but it seems like they let anyone driver a car. Gald you guys are good.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

It ain't any better down here. I was out riding all weekend and couldn't believe all of the stupid chit that I saw "drivers" doing. ..............It was UNBELIEVEABLE!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i feel ya man.

yesterday was a banner day for all the "sunday drivers" around here. at about 4:30 my girlfriend and i decided to park it in the driveway and spend the rest of the day in the house.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats why i always say everyone who applys for a car licences should be required to spend the first 6 months riding a bike before gettign there licence jus tso they have an idea of what we have to deal with and how dangerous it is for us when they text, do there hair, etc

Old 03-01-2010, 08:33 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went for a ride this past weekend and came up behind a guy that was driving a small foreign pickup truck. He was pulling a full size tandem trailer that was a lot wider than the truck and most of the time, the trailer wheels were 1 to 2 feet over the center line into the on-coming traffic lane. I stopped long enough to call the county sheriffs office and the highway patrol.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 AM
deadbug
Cruiser

He was probably texting, they're just as bad as drunk drivers.
Seems people are only interested in helping themselves on the road these days.
Whatever is convenient for them not you.
we live with the "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" generation could care less about you and your son, unfortunately it will never change, just a reminder, no day dreaming for us while riding

Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 AM
deadbug
Cruiser

Sorry for the double

Quick Reply: What the Hell is wrong with people???