General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Az. Cal. trip

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:33 AM
eaheritage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Az. Cal. trip

Well I finally got to get out of Mn. this winter. Left on Feb 4th and got to Mesa on the 6th. spent 2 days unloading bike and setting up at a buddies trailer. Then out to Newport Beach to see my sister and my neice.... Now I rented a small car for the Cal. trip... Why? ,,, the weather sucked and never been in the LA area. Man I was glad to be in a cage because after being so lost ,ending up in LA proper,and pouring rain what an experince... Ive ridin in rain many times in the midwest so thats no stranger to me.... any way stayed for 3 days visiting and site seeing with sister than back to Mesa. Ihave 3 other freinds that winter there almost all winter. We rode to Payson, Superior, and most points toward Tuson. This was a dream finally come true .weather was good, although I now hear its even better in March... anyway ,if anybody gets the chance go for it.... I know some here do it on aregular basis. thats great..... trailer worked good truck worked good. Cant wait to do it again

Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

I get to ride here whenever's clever, like daily. Neato. Although it's been lately.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:32 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good get away from the cold, vacation!

March(maybe April if these storms don't stop!) is going to be really good this year. Our very wet winter is going to bring some beautiful desert flowers. Tell those that want to get out that way to go to the Superstition mountians for a beautiful ride. Tortilla Flats is a great destination, and taking the boat ride is unreal. You see mountain goats climbing sheer cliffs...amazing. And the flowers are going to be great. Also around the Organ Pipe Monument around Ajo, Arizona is going to be amazing this spring. I can't wait! There is a number you can call to see where all the flowers are going to be! It's in the Arizona Highways mag at home! I'll post it later if I remember, which I probably won't because I have CRS!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:35 PM
eaheritage
Tourer

Yes, I got to Tortilla Flats and got to see the baby rattlers out side on the sidewalk. next time I will be there in late march.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was gonna say.....hope you got to Tortilla Flat! You gotta love the twisties, and the scenery. In the summer its not uncommon to see huge Tarantulas crossing the road.

Tech23

Old 02-27-2010, 03:23 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I would love to ride all around Arizona on a bike!
Gary D.