General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who took the earliest ride on a harley here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the story my smart azzed dad told me.
One day around early fall of the year of 1977, my dad was makin his rounds with all the pretty little ladies of his. He rode all over hell and tarnation to get some satisfaction that night, said his loins was burnin like you aint never seen. He said he didnt have any luck with any of his usual aquaintances, and decided to go home and take a cold shower. He aimed that 78 FXE Shovel back over to Norfolk, and going across the Chesapeak Bay Bridge, he happened upon this little woman whos Volkswagon Beetle had broken down ON THE BRIDGE! She was shaken up, and gladly accepted the ride from my dear ole dad. Bein the swooner he was back in the day, one thing led to another, and that burnin sensation finally went away with one final AHHH! Next thing he knew, he got a call from the little woman, telling him congratulations he was a daddy.

So I guess my earliest ride was in my Dads cod sack. He still says to this day that the best part of me went up my mommas back when the doorbell rang! Lol!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

grew up around bikes so my age on my first ride is anyone's guess...i'm assuming whenever i was big enough to safely hold on and reach pegs.

and sweet jesus coolbreeze, that's one...enlightening?...story.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 AM
shake rattle n roll
Tourer

This is the first Harley i have ever been on
Largest bike before this was a 1971 cb 350 twin pos you could not keep the chain tight on it
before that there was a 75 xl 250 beater (got my 6 on that one after rideing it as a dirtbike) I miss that pos paid 15$ for it , put 1500 miles on it that summer
Burnt more oil than gas...took it in the toys for tots run with a bunch of guys on Harleys

Old 02-26-2010, 02:25 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got uncles and family friends that are 1%ers and grew up around alot of them, earliest i can remmember was right before my mom and step dad got married in 84 my dad was a submariner at the time and was out to sea and somerelatives and friends of the family stopped in for a BBQ i got a tank ride on a nice peanut tank LOL i remmber it was a harley and it was white but other then that i have no clue LOL

Old 02-26-2010, 02:59 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

My dad bought and old Harley in '50 or so thay needed some "work", it was probably a knuckle head I guess, took a ride or two on it before he took it apart. I was around 5 o6 at the time. It sat in the backyard for quite a while but I don't ever remember it going again. Wish I had it now.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:22 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Well, after Orville set his plane down at Kittyhawk after that first 200 yds. or so and in one piece and we survived, Henry F. drove out to meet us and gave us an "ATTA BOY, lets go back and do it again." I said no thanks I'd rather walk back up the hill after that experience. But then Mr. Davidson arrived on the scene aboard his newest contraption and offered a ride back and at the time that seemed like the safest way to go.

Does that count for the earliest ride?

Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Bought my first Harley when 14 yrs old an 80" Flathead.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Mxtweeker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i started riding dirtbike when i was 7.. didnt ride my first harley till i bought mine, i was 34.. actually that was my first ride on a street bike all together

Old 02-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Dragan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my first ride was 7 or 8, at a friends house. I was the first one in my family to show any interest in bikes, and my mother hated them. It took me bitching about having one for 5 years before my Dad talked her into a mini-bike. I rode that thing about a thousand miles up and down the back lane behind our house that summer. The next spring, my Dad came home with a well-used Yamaha 80 that was street legal. At the time we could get a motorcycle licence at 14. A summer of agony, with the yamaha sitting there and me not being old enough to get a lic.
That changed that November; turned 14 and took my driving test in a snow storm. Almost froze to death, but got my lic.
Had at least one bike ever since. Interestingly, although all three kids have been around them their whole lives, none ride. My son-in-law is keen on the idea, but his wife isn't agreeing yet.

Funny how things work out.....

Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

You know, as critiscising as a lot of you guys are, I figured you would have caught that little lie in the story that my dad told so well. Its pretty funny when you find it. Still aint gonna tell ya! Lol!

Quick Reply: who took the earliest ride on a harley here?