General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good was your credit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

820 FICO, but I pay cash for toys. Maybe that's why it stays up there.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
matt25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my credit was not that good at all not near your 650 and i got the bike i wanted. i also had 7k to put down. dont be skurd just do it. my intrest rate is high but who the f cares. i am on the bike i want so what if i pay a extra 15bucks a month in just intrest. harley is one of the only banks that will do a lot of sub prime loans. what are you wanting to get?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I prefer the flexibility of using other people's money rather than my own.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Matt25, I really havent made my mind up yet, I have looked at several softails and dynas, I like the cruisers but Im not ready for that kind of bike right now... Im really starting to grow quite fond of the crossbones... I am 6'3 and about 280 and I dont wanna look like a elephant on a tricycle ...lol

Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

With that big down payment I think there is little doubt that almost anyone will loan you the money...maybe even me...but be cautioned to shop around for total cost for the loan. The money will almost certainly be available but at what price? Interest rate is the first place they will try to gouge you....then "little" origination/processing fees and loan restrictions such as penalties for early payment. Often folks will fight tooth and nail on final price of an item and roll over on financing, make ready expenses, transportation fees etc etc. Get HDs best offer and take it to a bank or preferably a credit union. Comparison shop. I knew all that and still learned watching my wife deal on her last new car...I would have never have expected what she stipulated and actually got...right down to walking out when promised finance rate was .125% less than on paper....they caught up with her before she left the lot...could not rectify the rate and instead...for the less than $3/month difference.. they put a rub strip on after painting to match and tinted the windows to make it right which equals about $17/month. She did learn a few things beforehand to arm herself against AND followed my one piece of advice...that being never take your wallet when you shop, otherwise you are buying not shopping and emotions do not make good partners in negotiations. Shop around and let us know so others might learn from your efforts. John

Old 02-25-2010, 02:42 PM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When they ran my credit it was at 800 so Harley offered me a good rate so I took it. I put about 600.00 down but my bike was only 5000.00 so my payment is only 103.46 a month. The day I bought my bike ("84"FXRT) I sat on a Crossbones in the showroom and my salesman said "just sighn and it's yours", nice try, I am too cheap for that trick.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Got mine with 10% down and 5% interest for 3 years. but then i have never been late or defaulted on a loan. i figure the payment is just rent until its paid off or im forced to sell it..id rather keep my cash than give it all away in one lump sum...but then i am a poor boy and i need the backup plan just in case my job goes south.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
matt25
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Matt25, I really havent made my mind up yet, I have looked at several softails and dynas, I like the cruisers but Im not ready for that kind of bike right now... Im really starting to grow quite fond of the crossbones... I am 6'3 and about 280 and I dont wanna look like a elephant on a tricycle ...lol
i am 6ft and 240 and dont think i look silly on my bike. the bones jut spoke to me. i wanted to spend much less than i did on it. get like a street bob. but for one i didnt fit on a street bob nor did i like the dyna shaking. i am a fat kid and a bike that makes me jiggle like jello makes it relly hard to look cool LOL. the softail has almost no vibration. and the springer front end is the *****. if i had to do it all over again i would still buy the x bones. i would like to have a street glide too but. at 25 years of age i dont think i am ready for a geezer glide (as we call them in the club) . keep in mind acc are verry hard to find for the x bones. if you are into heavy custom work you might want to get a softail standard.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:51 PM
scasey
Road Master

[quote=sgod1100;6309627]Yup....exactly. People making $20,000 a year trying to buy a $250,000 house!! Banks giving them the loan, and then the banks are surprised that the people can't afford the monthly quote]

I'm sorry but don't blame the bank, blame the person making 20K a year buying a 250K home. banks just sell the loan they don't care!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:57 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Matt, the x bones looks pretty **** as is, although I could see an odd and end added here and there... But to me the x bones is the best looking STOCK ride out there...

Quick Reply: How good was your credit?