General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever heard of NADA???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whenever I've dealt with buying a bike I've always started with the value of the bike in stock condition. Unless it's as significant performance upgrade, like a 103 motor, 6-speed tranny and etc. I don't care how much you put in the bike for aftermarket chrome items, so those aren't even in my equation. Exotic car guys are the same way. They think their 19xx whatevers are worth 25 - 30% more than the list price. Drives me nuts.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:55 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems to me finding a stock or near stock bike wouldn't be all that hard. A lot of people seem to think that accessories are not worth anything, but you say ok... I'll take all the stuff off and sell it to you for "X" amount. Then all of a sudden they don't like the bike anymore.... Too funny. All the accessories mean something to them... they just don't want to pay for them.

I say to hell with them... go find a stock bike if that is what you are looking for, if not then pay the man something for the work and expense of the parts. The work he put into it is probably the reason you are looking at the bike in the first place.

Typical... people wanting something for nothing... lol

Charlie D.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:05 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't forget that some of those high prices are people trying to get out from under a loan.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbleagle
Seems to me finding a stock or near stock bike wouldn't be all that hard. A lot of people seem to think that accessories are not worth anything, but you say ok... I'll take all the stuff off and sell it to you for "X" amount. Then all of a sudden they don't like the bike anymore.... Too funny. All the accessories mean something to them... they just don't want to pay for them.

I say to hell with them... go find a stock bike if that is what you are looking for, if not then pay the man something for the work and expense of the parts. The work he put into it is probably the reason you are looking at the bike in the first place.

Typical... people wanting something for nothing... lol

Charlie D.
Every 'once in a while', someone from down Pascagoula/Biloxi way, will crawl outta da swamp, and utter a very intelligent statement.
THIS, is one of those, "Once in a whiles"

Give 'em H*LL, Charlie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANX !!!!!

" Just another reason to buy a bike at a dealer. Most of them around here price there's right at or just slightly below NADA value, mainly because that's what the banks will loan on them. Since few people pay cash for one anymore, it's important. While an occassional private-party deal will pop up, it seems like the better ones are at the dealers right now. "

OKAY, then. SOMEBODY has to help keep the doors open. Cause I sure can't afford to.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People forget that even a HD is not an investment while adding big dollars worth of chrome and do dads but it still hurts if you only look at the money you have in a hobby and not the enjoyment it brings to you. Plus a lot of the hyper priced bikes owners still owe the note for the new bike and all the bling the dealer added on to the purchase price and note.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

It is what it is,your deal is coming be patient.You cannot blame people for wanting to get a decent price.Better to ask more and take an offer.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Nadda is one of the better ones as the price reflects some up grades that were done.Good place to get a starting point for a bike you want.If you want to steal one,pick up a good used pistol.Better double check the price on that though!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are realistic prices out there but you have to act fast or they will be gone.
I won't buy for more than average NADA value. I put a little value on extras if it is something I might add to a stock bike.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by performanceisthekey
not true

Have you sold that Kawasaki and bought a Harley yet?

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of NADA???