General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever heard of NADA???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Flooded market,, economy bust.,, seems like several in here getting deals on prices,, wish it was that way 3yrs ago.... not...... couldn't even find one used at any price that wasn't beat up and over 50k,,,,,,...

lot different now... just keep looking,,,there out there, just gotta wait.....tilllll.......

Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 PM
CB5150
Road Master

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts

Make 'em an offer they can't refuse! You'd be surprised in the difference between what someone is asking and what they will actually take!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 PM
joromu
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seller is always looking to get as much as he can, fair or not. The buyer is always looking to pay the least he can, fair or not.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Cheater
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Location must have a lot to do with it. Here in the Pacific NW Harley prices are considerably higher than in many other places. That being said I think many sellers are just "fishing", if someone will pay the price they'll sell. My personal experience is that NADA prices are very low compared to the market and KBB is a little high. You have to decide what it's worth to you.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
spiceman40
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joromu
The seller is always looking to get as much as he can, fair or not. The buyer is always looking to pay the least he can, fair or not.

That about sums it up-very well put. Buying a new bike is out of the question for me.I'll sniff out the cash deal I'm looking for.It just amazes me what some of these sellers are asking.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 PM
mid evil train
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,

Just another reason to buy a bike at a dealer. Most of them around here price there's right at or just slightly below NADA value, mainly because that's what the banks will loan on them. Since few people pay cash for one anymore, it's important. While an occassional private-party deal will pop up, it seems like the better ones are at the dealers right now.
For me it seems to be the complete opposite. Most times when shopping for a used bike, I made what I considered the best deal, from a private seller. Maybe location plays a part, cuz down here in south Fla, there are a ton of used bikes on the market. Also if you are buying from a private seller, they can often provide you with the maintenance history, and they may be a little less inclined to try to buuusheet you. You can tell alot about a man, by the way he keeps his garage, and other cars and bikes. Just my .02

Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Was at the dealer ordering my new low seat and was talking to the sales dude. He said they were dealing like crazy trying to move inventory. Said they'd listen to any deal and if close would go

Bub

Old 02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
There are several reasons why bikes are priced high. Maybe the guy really does not want to sell but is making it look like he is trying so the wife will not nag him.
+1, If you ask my OL she will tell you that mine is for sale also, but when you ask me what I want for it, be ready cause it is a hellofa lot more than it is worth.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:21 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

The inflated prices has always baffled me with Harley's.... To me it seems that people try to get out of them what they have into them rather than approaching it from a more realistic sense of what the base bike it worth. You will always loose on accessories.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:01 AM
performanceisthekey
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
Harley's always seem to retain their value better than most other motorcycles, despite NADA values. I'm kind of happy that they do hold their values. Keep looking and you will find the "good deals".
not true

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of NADA???