General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most important thing you own?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:13 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Good answer....Can I have yer Scooter?
I'm concerned about how I answer this because I don't want you to have to respond with "When I figure this out am I going to be pizzed off?".

Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
willw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our house. We paid it off last summer. Just go to say this has been a cool post. Lots of different answers.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My manhood, you mess with that, I'll do my best to kick yer ****!

Old 02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Failz
Tourer

Most important thing I own. Well I guess I'd have to say my pocket knife. It's more useful in more situations than anything else I own.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Seriously though, everything in my life is important, from the wife right down to the little bitty teeny tiny socket set that my grandad gave me for my eighth birthday because he was proud that I did my best to help him work on the cars that came into his shop. It is hard to put something as top priority when you have worked so hard all your life to get, and worked so hard to earn from someone you respect. Tell you one thing, as per my previous intently humorous post, you mess with anything that I call mine and it suddenly becomes the most important thing I have.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a toss up between my .45 ACP's and my MP-5

Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mavrickFLHR
My wife comes first.. then the kids.. then my dogs.. after that, it's all "material property" that, in the worse case, can be replaced or repaired.. But yea, I think at this point in life.. as far as property goes.. our house would be first on the list..

mavrick
OP said what it the most important thing you "own." Wife and kids are most important but might not classify as property.

1. House
2. Motorcycle
3. Truck

Old 02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

the most important thing that own is my
thompson chain refrence bible and every thing
else comes after that

Old 02-24-2010, 06:15 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

My most important material things are my home,everyday transportation,tools,Harleys,tractors,and so on down the line.More important than anything I own,my wife,without her nothing has value!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:22 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried to answer your PM but you have set not to receive PM's from other member ...change your setting and PM me again

Originally Posted by warrconn
Well, I took the question as meaning "possessions". Since I don't "own" my wife, my dog died and I sold my house just before the market crashed, it would have to be my bike. My truck is a conveyance, getting me from here to there, but it's not like I look forward to firing it up and getting behind the wheel.

My favorite possession IS my bike. It's been that way for over 30 years. Not the same bike, but the bike I had at the time. Back when I was broke, young and had nothing else. Although I'm no longer young or broke (not quite, anyway), my bike has always been one of the most important things in my life. Not something that insurance would replace, and certianly not a "toy". In fact, I was suprised by the number of people who referred to their Harleys as toys.

My bike is not a toy, status symbol or ornament. It also doesn't define who I am, but comes damn close.

Quick Reply: Most important thing you own?