General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARE THE 07s SELLING????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default ARE THE 07s SELLING????

My local dealer has had a black 2007 Street Glide on the showroom floor for a week and it is still there (I wish he'd sell it 'cause it's jonesen me every time I see it and I can't afford it, but I want it, . . . ). He's had a 2007 Road Glide in pewter; a denim SG; a bunch of Fat Boys; etc. and I don't see them moving; they just sit there.

So this is not a scientific sampling by any means; but I am surprised that with a 96 inch motor coupled to a six speed that these touring bikes and other popular models aren't blowing out the store's front door.

Last year, they couldn't keep a Street Glide on the floor at this time of the year. The 2007s are not moving like that SG did based on my admittedly limited sampling. And I have been in a couple of other Atlanta area dealers since the new ones came out and they don't seem to overrun with guys with their tongues and checkbooks hanging out.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ARE THE 07s SELLING????

It's starting to get slower for the dealers cause summer's getting ready to end. Kids gotta go back to school, people have already blown their money on vacations, etc. It'll pick back up pretty soon...and the SGs were brand new last year so they aren't getting the hype they did before...though I still think they're awesome.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

The 07s are selling like hot cakes around here. The dealer is selling darn near every Street Glide that comes in, 06 or 07.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:29 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are also selling other dealers leftovers as well.Alot of dealer to dealer left over movement going on.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:42 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

San Diego Harley can't keep them in, they only have 2 07's on the floor.

Chris

Old 07-27-2006, 08:42 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are no '07s on the floor at my dealer. They told me people keep buying them as soon as they put them together. They only had a handful of '06s left, mostly Sportys.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Cyclecycles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the northeast the 2007's are selling, but it isnt like a few years back when demand exceeded supply. Screamn Eagle Ultras are tough to find, with Street Bobs and Street Glides in high demand.

I think a lot depends upon the dealer too.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really depends on what part of the country you are in.

As of Monday, there were still not any 07's on the floor in the two local Harley Dealers.

They were in the back being prepared for moving out to the floor. Still quite a few 06's left.

At the same time, I am sure some of the 07's are never hitting the floor but are going right out the door.

My buddy and I bought 07 EGC's last week, as an example. He picks his up Friday; mine just came in yesterday. I actually saw it still on it's shipping frame. I had to cut a little whole in the plastic it was wrapped in to see it. Even peeled the Tuesday Build date sticker off of the box.

I added a couple of thousand dollars in do dads (making the tour pack detachable, etc.). Should be ready for pickup Saturday.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems a little different than last year. I remember wanting to see a Street Glide and Street Bob last year when they first came out. Every one was sold before it came in so it never hit the floor. Took several months to actually get ones out on the floor. And this is a pretty big dealership too.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they even out yet??

Quick Reply: ARE THE 07s SELLING????