General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any lane splitters here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 PM
John10962
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Owner
Never did it and never will. But when I am in my FORD there is nothing more satisfying than throwing open a door while some idiot is splitting lanes. You want to be treated with respect and given the same respect as any other vehicle on the road, yet you drive like an *** between cars in traffic...Yea, that makes sense. I only hope you try it with me on the road. You know the risks, and so do I - only my vehicle is bigger and will *** rape you
You don't have the ***** to split lanes so I bet you don't have the ***** to open that door on your BIG truck. Leave your truck at home and ride some more then you will see what stupid thing you stated.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbelievable, the things people say in here. Yeah, I share when the need dictates, if not, I don't. No, I don't do 80 while sharing, but have no issue with you doing 80. I know I'm biased because I ride, but I appreciate the bikes not contributing to the bumper to bumper traffic jams when I'm stuck my truck. Geez, no one would ever get where they're going...

Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Never did it and never will. But when I am in my FORD there is nothing more satisfying than throwing open a door while some idiot is splitting lanes. You want to be treated with respect and given the same respect as any other vehicle on the road, yet you drive like an *** between cars in traffic...Yea, that makes sense. I only hope you try it with me on the road. You know the risks, and so do I - only my vehicle is bigger and will *** rape you
What i'm wondering is if CA is the only state where it's legal, how many bikers are you seeing do it in SC that you have time to throw your door open to and if you are doing that, why are you still alive? I think poser or troll is about the correct description for you.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i split lanes, but not at high speed,and dont zig zag,time it right,i see the sports bikes high speed splitting all over the place and think,they wont be around long,cars can change lanes suddenly,have to be ready to react

Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah i love doing it sitting in the middle of beach traffic in the summer...f*ck all of you, here i go to the head of the line.

i guess people in new york just aren't as understanding, though...

inevitably, some scientist about 10 cars up pinches the white line because he sees you coming.

gota love cracking the throttle though just as you get up to the driver's door and take a quick glance and see mom jump out of her skin.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 PM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain

You know i just don't know what to say here's some guy come's on the forum post as a fellow bike rider ?.and tell's everybody in plain english if you split his lane he's going to take you out with his truck door . Braging about it . I only hope one day he meet's his match . If ya don't mean it don't say it .one day the flower's will be on you///////

Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Old 02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Split lanes? Of course I split lanes even here in South FL, been doing so all over the country for nearly 40 yrs.

I decided since the bicycle lanes weren't being used, I'd use them as well till I got pulled over 3 weeks ago by two Harley owning LEO's that said doing so gave bikers a bad name. Thinking to myself, we already have a bad name with the public so who cares?

Anyway I didn't get a ticket and my concealed sidearm was returned, since I was legal in that regard.

So I don't use the bicycle lane anymore lately, well almost don't. But I still lane split. Yes its illegal down here but I'm ahead of my time in that regard.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space".

Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain

Does the carolina's have a conceled wepon's permit law ? With guy's like iron dick head runin around i would shure push for one .

Quick Reply: Any lane splitters here?