General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music to ride to...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 PM
grw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great list. I have a few more Stones and CCR songs and for country, I'd have some Pat Greene.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 PM
SBJJC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess im just getting old. im just turn on XM Radio channel 17 country highway and list for hours. if i feel a little crazy and i dont have the wife with my i get a little wild and switch over to Fox and Friends and listen whats going on with the government. but thats only when im feeling a little frisky...

i know, take it easy on me....

Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
tangeloglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of skullcandy earbuds that came with earplug-like buds that you can roll tight and they expand in your ear. They cost about $70 if I recall. They stay in and virtually never come loose.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only song I will give you **** over is Lynyrd Skynyrd's "That Smell". This song is just putrid!

The rest of the playlist is good but I'll take Alice in Chains over Alice cooper.

And my favorite on-the-road song is "I Am the Highway" by Audioslave. Chris Cornell can wail.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 90% of your list on my iPod. I'd add any AC/DC featuring Bon Scott and any Led Zeppelin except for Zep III (I'm not a folk music fan). Hit a freeway on-ramp with a twisted throttle and The Immigrant Song blasting and try not to head bang.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by micahpop
The only song I will give you **** over is Lynyrd Skynyrd's "That Smell". This song is just putrid!
That's funny stuff, right there!

Actually, I though I'd catch some crap over Bo Bice (American Idol). Didn't care for him on AI, but do like a couple of his songs...being Southern rock and all. And yes, I confess, I watch American Idol. I can say that here without fear because, being a chick, I get to do things like wear azzless chaps, fingerless gloves and watch American Idol w/o fear of getting mocked off the forum!

Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can buy Kid Rock by the song on ITunes. Not sure if they have the certain ones you wanted but they have a lot.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I don't have music on my bike but if I did about the only thing I would add to a play list would be AC/DC..Thunderstruck.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
I have 90% of your list on my iPod. I'd add any AC/DC featuring Bon Scott and any Led Zeppelin except for Zep III (I'm not a folk music fan). Hit a freeway on-ramp with a twisted throttle and The Immigrant Song blasting and try not to head bang.
Yep, listened to the "Immigrant Song" this morning on the way to work-- and probably will again on the way home --head bobbing all the way.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Great stuff Monstead. Thanks for getting this started. Lots to enjoy, and assist in refining my own collection. I've been wanting to get some of the tunes you listed, and this little kick in the butt has got me going. I'll be using it on my trip to the Million Dollar Highway and the annual Sturgis run this year. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Music to ride to...