General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music to ride to...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
vonzoog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
new model army, the ramones, the sex pistols, disturbed, the dropkick murphy's, black label society, the slickee boys, papa roach, black crowes, marilyn manson, filter, nine inch nails.......
You must be one generation behind me...you lost me on Nine Inch Nails.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

My music is 96 cu in of Harley Davidson orchestra. The brass section consists of a set of Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered, the woodwinds are composed of Nature's own wind symphony. String section is made up of two Metzeler ME880's playing their harmony on asphalt and concrete. The music is so sweet and mesmerizing that a percussion section is not normally needed or present but on occasion Mother Nature will call forth some rain and thunder to provide an interesting rhythm beat. For me, no other music is needed to enjoy a ride.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
psycho-relic
Banned
Default You kids and you "Rock 'N' Roll" music

I prefer the melody of an 88" Shovel with the added rhythm of solid lifters playing against a B grind cam, thundering bass from the shotgun pipes and the underscored whirring of the 3" belt.
Stereos on Harleys?
Kids nowadays.

Attached Thumbnails Music to ride to...-p1010002_12.jpg   Music to ride to...-p1010003_12.jpg  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foodog
My music is 96 cu in of Harley Davidson orchestra. The brass section consists of a set of Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered, the woodwinds are composed of Nature's own wind symphony. String section is made up of two Metzeler ME880's playing their harmony on asphalt and concrete. The music is so sweet and mesmerizing that a percussion section is not normally needed or present but on occasion Mother Nature will call forth some rain and thunder to provide an interesting rhythm beat. For me, no other music is needed to enjoy a ride.
Very nice music indeed...similar to what I listen to when I'm on my Deluxe...except my brass section consists of D&D Fatcats!

Nonetheless, when I'm on my Road King, eating up mile after mile of asphalt - taking in all the sites and smells this country has to offer - boots on the pegs & my back resting on a tower o' luggage (I'm a chick...lotsa stuff!), my pipes don't always offer up the perfect melody nor the apropos words that certain "songs" provide. Songs that, along with the hypnotic sounds coming from the bike and the road, have the words or a melody that fit the occasion like a well-worn leather jacket and are somehow sewn into the fabric of my being for that moment in time and often manage to transform me to a place that I cannot seem to find elsewhere. Songs that just don't "feel" the same listening to while sitting in my office or riding in a car.

But, much like how hearing "Stairway to Heaven" 30+ years later takes me right back to the High School dances with my b/f, Scott S. (to the point I can almost re-live the "feeling" if I close my eyes), if I'm real lucky, when I listen to "Roll Me Away" by Bob Seger, while sitting in my office...perhaps some part of my body will remember what it felt like riding my Road King through Zion N.P. or the Millon Dollar Highway; heck, even the dinky little Farm to Market Road on the way to Tin Top, TX to have a burger at Mary's Brazos Cafe'.

The power of music!

Last edited by monstead; 02-22-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
tangeloglide
Advanced
Cool

How about "Cowboy Song" by Thin Lizzy, "Bad Motor Scooter" by Sammy Hagar and "forty six and two" by Tool? Oh, how about a little opera - "Flight of the Valkyries"? I guess the last one is a little more appropriate for discontinued Honda's.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:22 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monstead --Good list there but to help open the throttle a bit more add AC/DC "Thunderstruck" and "Hells Bells". We recently went to the AC/DC concert in Melbourne Aussie and they sure did rock the house! 61,000 + in attendance for each of 3 nights.

I was born in '52 and we share a LOT of the tunes on your list. If you like some rockin blues try out some Joe Bonamassa and since you have some ZZ Top have a listen to their album "Deguelo" from around 1974.

"Mountain" brings back some good memories and I have them on my list (can't post it from here as I'm at work.) I hazily recall the Mountain album cover said something like "Mastered to be played loud" on it, and it was indeed..

Cheers, V2

Last edited by V2Evo96; 02-22-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: move closing to bottom of last para
Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
JerryL....
Banned
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM
offshoreguy
6th Gear

Great Thread !!!!

Music to ride to...... Just a small list on my ipod. Can't wait for some spring weather here in NW Louisiana so I can reminisce with the wind in my face instead of my auto glass......just not the same.

AC/DC- Lets get it up
Aerosmith- Deuces are wild
Bad Co.- Moving On
BECK- Loser
Body Rockers- Way you move
Buck Cherry- Love the cocane
Butthole Surfers- Pepper
Danzig- She Rides
Joe Bonamassa- Blues Deluxe
Nickle Back- Burn it to the Ground
Pat Travers- Snortin Wiskey
Zwarte- Sturgis

Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
rodney123456
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default earbuds

what brand or what kind of earbuds stay in i cant find none that will stay in .

Quick Reply: Music to ride to...