Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death Wish

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As sad as it is, those morons will always find someone who think that what they do is cool. There's the "ghostrider" in Belgium, I believe. Nobody knows who he is, he rides like a maniac, and the cops never got him.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At just under 30, im sure most you of are older than me. Maybe it was almost a decade in the Army, or maybe it was just good raising, but I would never have done something this guy did. Now, before everyone goes crazy about that. I have done more than my share of stupid things. Some that i still have the scars from. But, one thing i will never do is let my stupidity cause others harm. If i wanna try to ride a wheelie, or go 100+, im gunna make damn sure that nobody else is around and the path is clear so that if or when i go down, its me going down and not taking anyone else with me! I like to have fun, but if my fun is at the expense of anothers safety, is that really fun? Come on man....We all share the roads and wanna go fast and blow off some steam once in a while. But be smart about it!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:18 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I see these types all the time here in Las Vegas. My brother and I ride all the time and every time we're out some punk on a crotch rocket blows by us; often doing wheelies or some other "trick". This has nothing to do with being young; it has to do with being stupid. As an insurance agent I get my fair share of stories. I also tell these guys when I'm quoting their insurance why the rates for their bike is 5 to 10 times higher than a cruiser or tourer that often cost 4 to 6 times their bike.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
At just under 30, im sure most you of are older than me. Maybe it was almost a decade in the Army, or maybe it was just good raising, but I would never have done something this guy did. Now, before everyone goes crazy about that. I have done more than my share of stupid things.
I'm in the same boat...under 30 with a good upbringing, nothing more than a minor speeding ticket in my life (less than 10 over). I've owned jet skis, ski boat, dirt bikes, I've done my stupid acts but always when it was only myself in harms way. Our insurance agent just recently retired and the new one gave me all kinds of literature on the dangers of motorcycles. The I explained to him I have a stock HD touring bike that I wouldn't think of riding hard when fully loaded with luggage and the wife.

Most people assume age = intelligence but responsibility of your actions on others shouldn't have age limits. At 10 years old you know its wrong to steal a candy bar...at 16 you should know your behind the wheel of a "deadly weapon" that can cause injury to others (or any motor vehicle).