Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death Wish

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:05 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't even try and figure out why people do the things they do.Could have been high on drugs or alcohol who knows,it happens everywhere.He could have just got laid!I was young once and did a lot of stupid things,youth is a tough time in our lives.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 AM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpete
the guy was out of control maybe on drugs, coulda killed some innocent people. I feel sorry for the others involved not the rider
+1000

Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

If his death wish comes true, certainly hope it only takes one body bag to clean up with.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 AM
raidernut
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
I see those guys here on I-77 & I-90 in the Summertime. Once a guy on a sportbike dressed in t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes pased me at 100+ mph on a side street with his girlfriend on the back (dressed the same way) no helmets. All I could do was think to myself that Darwin was right.
Can't fix stupid!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:28 AM
CB5150
Road Master

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts

We all gotta go some way. My sister saw a guy get killed while paddling a kayak with a tour group near Vancouver Island. A pod of Orcas were swimming nearby, one breached and smashed right down on top of him. I thought to myself...what a way to go!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well...the world can always use young organ donors.

Last edited by krusty1; 02-21-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Lindsey141
I'm glad these crazy fast bikes werent available when I was in my early riding years.
I laid down both my honda and yamaha twins and basically walked away with minor injuries. I was quite often pushing them to their limits.
These day you cant get me near a crotch rocket. IMO they are death machines for the inexperienced, immature and impulsive riders. Some of these bikes really dont even belong on public roads....but thats JMO.
These days I couldnt be happier cruising along and enjoying the scenery...

If that is you in your pic, then there were scary fast production bikes and you just weren't riding one. The Kawasaki KZ 750 and 1000 in the 70's could would carry all the speed you wanted to kill you.

Now if you are older than you look and were in your 20s in the 60's then there was not a comparable bike to the modern crotch rockets.

and, as a note..... I don't condone these guys for riding crazy. And doing it in traffic is lunacy. And I worry for them and those they may injure. BUT. A lot of you guys clearly didn't ride when you were in your teens and 20's. Speed on a bike is part of it. If you were riding in your teens and 20s and weren't into speed and other idiot antics, you should have been at the library instead. You weren't normal.

In decades of owning bikes, there are only 2 bikes I have owned that I have not topped out. My current bike and the bike previous to it (a GSXR). I have no desire to top out my current bike and I never had the ***** and opportunity to top out the GSXR.

My guess is I am old enoughg to be alot of you guy's father. Yet you guys are acting like old grandpas.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Seems to me that "Natural Selection" works real good. Stupid genes will not be passed on from him if he succumbs..

Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Some on here have done stupid risky things. It is easy to spot those that were sheltered while growing up. We don't need new laws made from knee-jerk reactions to stupid actions. **** happens and stupid hurts.

Last edited by oldairboater; 02-21-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Some on here have done stupid risky things. It is easy to spot those that were sheltered while growing up We don't need new laws made from knee-jerk reactions to stupid actions. **** happens and stupid hurts.
Completely correct....often the first reaction is to create a law that (at best) can't be enforced, or (at worst) becomes an opportunity to further restrict our rights (including the right to be stupid at some point in our lives). There are those that think motorcycling or allowing people to eat hamburgers (or any number of other things that can potentially prove dangerous) is too stupid and risky to be a lawful activity.

Quick Reply: Death Wish