Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death Wish

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Big Rol
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being young is kinda like drinking, your better, smarter, stronger etc. untill your ticket gets punched. He's in my prayers, I acted the same way at times (35 years ago)

Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

We get all kind of crotch rocket wrecks on Highway 9 and Skyline Drive here in the San Francisco Bay area. A couple of summers ago, a couple of these nut cases passed me and my GF in a curve. I was behind her and when one of them passed me and pulled up behind her he popped a wheelie and and missed clipping her left saddlebag by about two inches. I took off after him, but of course could not catch him. I looked for him at the rest stop and again at Alice's Restaurant. If I could have found him, one of us was going to get our *** kicked!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.hesperiastar.com/news/wit...und-crash.html

I feel for the poor woman that has to deal with the image of him flipping through the air, and having run him over.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:13 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I used to be the insane, invincible moron on the crotch rocket. That's why I bought a Harley - so I *can't* ride like that. We have plenty of them around here. I see them stunting on the interstate. A few of them come along for a ride with us on occasion. Seems the guys I ride with keep most of their stunting to empty stretches of road.

I see a quite a few people do dangerous things on bikes around here. More often than the crotch rocket guys going to fast or doing stunts, I see the Harley guys trying to walk out of the bar, figure out how to start their bike, then take off... and I have no idea how the hell they make it home.

When I read the accident reports around here... they seem to rarely involve either group. It's usually a biker or couple who is cruising along, doing what they are supposed to do, and they get nailed by some inattentive moron. Or... a lone biker who loses it for some reason.

The racers, stunters and drunks seem to do fine.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:39 AM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its crazy folks like this that get the POLITICIANS making laws to protect us from ourselves.A few bad apples can upset the whole crate in todays political climate.Its hard to believe that cat lived in such a wreck.IDIOT

Old 02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Race bike does not equal race bike rider....even if you dress up like your favorite pro racer. Other than lack of self control I can not fathom what makes these guy's think public roads are the best place to hold the throttle open. It really does not require any skill at all to twist the throttle and hold it there. As this guy found out he lacked skill where it mattered most. Too bad innocent people had to witness this public display of poor judgement.

Tech23

Old 02-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Lindsey141
Road Master

I'm glad these crazy fast bikes werent available when I was in my early riding years.
I laid down both my honda and yamaha twins and basically walked away with minor injuries. I was quite often pushing them to their limits.
These day you cant get me near a crotch rocket. IMO they are death machines for the inexperienced, immature and impulsive riders. Some of these bikes really dont even belong on public roads....but thats JMO.
These days I couldnt be happier cruising along and enjoying the scenery...

Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Nordictat2
Advanced

And that is WHY one should stay away from crotch rockets...
http://the5thdimension.files.wordpre...nt-graphic.jpg

Old 02-21-2010, 03:49 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordictat2
And that is WHY one should stay away from crotch rockets...
http://the5thdimension.files.wordpre...nt-graphic.jpg
How many feet did that guy have before the wreck? I see two boots and a gym shoe.

The story behind that pic is even more strange. It's not indicated the biker was speeding or doing anything wrong. It says he was following a truck that was carrying thin steel plates. The biker started to make a move to pass the truck just as one of the plates slid off the truck and decapitated the biker. The bike continued to pass the truck. When the trucker saw the headless biker pass him, he had a heart attack and died.

Last edited by MidnitEvil; 02-21-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Hooker 6
Tourer

Darwin was right---and he had never heard of crotch rockets!

Quick Reply: Death Wish