Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cadman311
I went with HD FXRG Jacket it was on sale $250 at my dealership. It has a liner that is a light jacket on it's own. The HD FXRG Jacket is waterproof by the way it's built. It has light armor built in and it's made with vents for thought warmer rides. Why would like outside the box for leather jacket made for the Poser in a car. If your jacket is not made with the protection for riding why buy it.
Read the whole thread, Where the does the poser smack come into play with regard to Langltiz.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:23 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,529 Posts

look on ebay for a used langlitz. if you find one, it will still sell for more than many other new jackets.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
Read the whole thread, Where the does the poser smack come into play with regard to Langltiz.
When the leather vender troll this site. Do paid $1000's for the name or a biker leather for $250 with protection

Old 02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cadman311
When the leather vender troll this site. Do paid $1000's for the name or a biker leather for $250 with protection
Always like the post's that knows alot about nothing

Last edited by leicafish; 02-22-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some of you cats even have trouble stringing together a coherent sentence. just sayin'.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Request their catalog as it has a price list. Jackets generally start at about $900. They are top quality. If you want the best, they are worth the price. However, there are other excellent leather jackets out there for a little less.

A lot of posters on this forum will come in here touting Fox Creek which is about half the cost of a Langlitz. I do not have a Fox Creek so I cannot compare them to my Langlitz but with Langlitz you do know who is making your jacket. Not so with Fox Creek as they are a retailer, not a manufacturer. Vanson, Schott and others also make high quality leather jackets. Vanson is moving their manufacturing to El Salvador whereas the others are still made here, so far.
Fox Creek doesn't make their own jackets? Tell me more please.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:27 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nskitts
In the words of Obama in the SLN skit "UUUU Nope"

Uhhh from their website. It says they get their stuff from other craftmens.

About us section

"Back then everything was made in the USA. I sought out the best craftsmen I could find and have maintained these relationships for the last twenty-five years. These days, 98% of what you see from other companies is imported. Most of it doesn't fit or last. Through misleading labels and clipped tags, these products try to insinuate that they have something to do with the U.S. Unless it says "Made in USA," it's not "

Sounds like a retailer or reseller to me????

Kind of sounds exactly what Harley Davidson does. And yes some of there products are made in the US.

Last edited by leicafish; 02-22-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by nskitts

Give them a call and ask them. They can explain it better than me. Their number is 1-800-766-4165.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
goblin127
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Request their catalog as it has a price list. Jackets generally start at about $900. They are top quality. If you want the best, they are worth the price. However, there are other excellent leather jackets out there for a little less.

A lot of posters on this forum will come in here touting Fox Creek which is about half the cost of a Langlitz. I do not have a Fox Creek so I cannot compare them to my Langlitz but with Langlitz you do know who is making your jacket. Not so with Fox Creek as they are a retailer, not a manufacturer. Vanson, Schott and others also make high quality leather jackets. Vanson is moving their manufacturing to El Salvador whereas the others are still made here, so far.
Thats bad news vanson going to elsalvador. I have had a vanson since 1981 and its great. I have a schott also but I think the vanson is better. Wish it still fit me well.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give them a call and ask them. They can explain it better than me. Their number is 1-800-766-4165.
OK, will let you guys know what they say.

Quick Reply: Leather Jacket