Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I may get some flak, but my FXRG from HD is the best jacket I have ever tried on. I have not worn my heated gear since I got it. And it does not have bright HD logo's all over it.Take the liner out and I wear it deep into summer.

Mark

Old 02-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Kilo6
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There's a thread on the Touring Forum about Langlitz Leather. It's kinda going in the crapper but some good info.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...y-can-buy.html

Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Someone on another thread just paid $1,125 for a jacket. WOW! I'll stick with Fox Creek for a fraction of that and it's great quality, great customer service and also made here in the USA.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Ridedeluxehd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No mention of Horsehide, I have a jacket from Legendaryusa and I love it. It was so stiff when i got it but will break in really nice. The construction of it.. I have never seen better. Is built by Schott. here's the link. http://www.legendaryusa.com/Legendar...ket_p/2400.htm

Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Langlitz is great stuff. Don't own one, never have, but a buddy of mine in Portland has one.

If you are ever in the Portland area, Langlitz has new and used leathers for sale in their shop. It's not much, and they don't advertise it online, but if you happen to be there, and they happen to have something you like, and it happens to be in your size....big savings over custom.

That said...Rideluxehd mentioned horsehide. IMO, that may be the best stuff for motorcycle leathers. Pricey, and hard to find in tall sizes (which I need), but it has a look and feel like nothing else.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The thing with Langlitz is though they are expensive, they'll fit you better than any off the rack jacket or pants because they're custom made for you and if you're not happy with the look or fit Langlitz will rework it or make you another one until you're satisfied. And they can make changes for you as you gain or loose weight so the jacket can be the last one you may ever need. The only major brand I haven't owned is Fox Creek but my experience says that Langlitz fit and look better than Schott, Vanson, H-D or H-D FXRG.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridedeluxehd
No mention of Horsehide, I have a jacket from Legendaryusa and I love it. It was so stiff when i got it but will break in really nice. The construction of it.. I have never seen better. Is built by Schott. here's the link. http://www.legendaryusa.com/Legendar...ket_p/2400.htm
+1 Love my leather jacket from Legandary. Made in the USA.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:04 PM
fritz982
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Langlitz leathers

I've worn the same Langlitz Jacket for over 25 years, spent just about $800.00 or so with all the options.Not only have I worn this jacket but used, protected myself twice. One of those times I did a fairly good road slide. Came back bruised, but everything stayed intact no road rash in other words.Jacket it self stayed together,no ripped off selves,pockets, zippers, or anything else for that matter. That's a testimonial with itself on how well built them are! Sewn together correctly & with the right tread.
The other issue that sets Langlitz apart from all others, is they are made to measure not off the rack. Not only makes the jacket fit correctly, it hangs correctly like a great suit jackets does!My jacket is their medium weight leather(you have four choice's) choice, that Jacket weights in at about 14 pounds or so!
Fox Creek makes great stuff, but it's not a Langlitz, not by any means.You have to think of a Langlizt jacket as a long term riding investment. If you thinking of riding for just a few years , then quit this jacket isn't for you . This is an item that you can if taken care of, be past down from you to the next generation of rider riders! I could carry this tread on for ever,the jacket is worth the investment!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with HD FXRG Jacket it was on sale $250 at my dealership. It has a liner that is a light jacket on it's own. The HD FXRG Jacket is waterproof by the way it's built. It has light armor built in and it's made with vents for thought warmer rides. Why would like outside the box for leather jacket made for the Poser in a car. If your jacket is not made with the protection for riding why buy it.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Ratkiller
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ridedeluxehd

+1 on Legendary Horse.

Ratkiller

Quick Reply: Leather Jacket