General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nova Scotia laws pertaining to motorcycle turn indicators

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:40 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
170 (1) No person shall operate or ride as a passenger on a motorcycle or motor scooter on a highway unless he is wearing adequate protective headgear of a kind prescribed by regulation of the Governor in Council.
I'm from NS originally, but live in BC now. What really pisses me off, and not in a racist way, but in a fairness way. An East Indian that wears a turban is exempt from the helmet law. The first time I saw a guy riding, with his turban instead of a helmet, I had to do a double take, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. However, here in BC they do not enforce DOT helmets. I can ride with my novelty skull cap without fear of being fined. The down side is the provincial insurance corp (ICBC) probably wouldn't cover me if i had an injury.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Dragan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to the OP: knock yourself out re: "testing" the helmet law...you won't find a Provincial Judge that'll touch it with a ten foot pole, but go for it.
I'm all for personal rights and freedoms and the right to make informed choices, but there is tons of case law in every Province regarding the mandatory use of helmets, just as there are requirements under provincal highway safety acts that require vehicles to fully comply with todays standards for equipment, even if it means adding aftermarket lights. Your choice not to comply; their choice not to license your ride..