General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker stereo types, car theft, and do I really look that menancing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went into the bank yesterday to deposit an expense check from my company, about $4200. I rode the Road King to the bank, had on blue jeans (no holes), polo shirt and my black leather HD jacket. I don't have long hair, recently shaved and showered, and provided my printed deposit slip along with my drivers license. The teller took it over to her till a the drive through, so her back was to me and I could see her computer screen. She must have compared signatures on that check to what was on file five or six times and went back and looked at I do not know how man deposits. It took her four or five minutes to complete my transaction, and I was just depositing the check! When she came back I asked her if she compared my signature and the deposits to everyone I had made in the last six months. She said, no, but turned extremely red.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 PM
baldric
Road Warrior
Received 3,114 Likes on 659 Posts

Once in a while I get the same. And they say profillining middle eastern types is immoral. The average HD rider is probably more loyal,respectful and patriotic to their country and freedom of rights and property than the citz that dis them.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:07 AM
dwightheadd
Banned

I get followed around big stores by security too,i usually walk right up to them and tell them they suck at there job and start following them when the walk away.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Nordictat2
Advanced

All I have to say is....

Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

good story schu!

pulled my bike up on the little cement patio in front of the entrance to the gym back in the summer

i was parking and un-bungeeing my bag from my bars and all that when some middle-aged lady goes walking by with her son.

she's doing the whole "hurry up, timmy, let's go now, come on" thing, basically dragging the kid away from me and the bike.

timmy breaks free of mom's hand and runs over to the bike. i picked him up under the arms and plopped him down in the saddle.

made his f*cking day, mom was horrified.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Bushrider
Tourer

It's fun to watch security follow your every move when you go into large retail stores too! [/quote]

I must not be stereo-typical. Security guys all seem to relax and go for coffee when I show up.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I don't know Schu! You scared the chit out of my ol lady when I walked up to you at F&S last fall and shes a granny. No J/K LOL.

Last edited by Curt1953; 02-20-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:57 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

People will be people,years ago when our yard always had bikers hanging around,the word was out, "be nice to the Ross's", or they will burn your house down.Might have raped your women, but never burn your house down.Cumon, give us a break!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:14 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was good stuff - people watch to many biker movies and read the paper about outlaws that ride bikes, they think everyone is the same.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phat96
That was good stuff - people watch to many biker movies and read the paper about outlaws that ride bikes, they think everyone is the same.
Yep thats about the truth of it. My neighbor on the right has lived here longer than I have and knows me pretty well. We had several families move in here over the years, and he always does something to make them feel welcome here. He says he has been asked all sorts of crazy questions about my wife and I. The latest just moved in on the other side, and wouldnt let their kids play outside for nearly four months!
I like to give folks their space for a while to get settled in before I introduce myself, so one day I did. Man did those folks look nervous! And to boot it all, I dont even look that menacing! Our reputation seems to proceed us for some reason though. Most of the people around here seem to be related in some way or other, and have heard some pretty far fetched stories.
I have only heard one story so far that was actually true, and that was the one about my buddy (it was told like it was me that did it) beating the hell out of a crackhead in the street for rummaging thru his saddlebag. He left him laying there and came back into the garage with us like it was nothing lol! Funny how most people that walk down the street make an effort to stay on the other side now.
I guess having a bike, and a bunch of rough looking biker types for buds is a good security feature.

Quick Reply: Biker stereo types, car theft, and do I really look that menancing?